Toughest day of C25K?

Options
Ok, today is WEEK 5... DAY 2 for me.

I am dreading it - jog for 8 mins? That's my longest time ever...

Just going to wait for the coffee and banana I had for breakfast to 'move along' and then I'm going to go ahead and kill myself AKA try week 5 day 2 of C25K.

Arg!!!

Which was your hardest day?

Have you done this day yourself?

Did you lower your run rate? (run slower to make the time)

Replies

• skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    wk 3 and wk 7 so far!
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 4 and the 5 minute jog in 100+ degree weather was NOT fun. Starting week 5 after I get back from my road trip weekend. Girl scouts at the waterpark all day tomorrow and wedding on Sunday so no time for working out. :sad:
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Mine was week 5 day 3. Which was when I stopped. lol Day 2 is 8 minutes and then it jumps to 20 on day 3. I probably should have tried but 8 was so hard that I was convinced I couldn't do 20 straight. So I ended up doing 10, walk for 1 or 2 min, and then the other 10. I got caught up with other stuff and never made it to week 6. Wish I did.
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just finished the program and honestly I think the worst day for me was the one (don't remember what week and all, but I think it was in week 6) where you run 10 mins, walk for 5, run for 10. I could barely make it through the 2nd running segment. Which is weird because the day before that, you have to run 25 mins and it was actually easier! Strange.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Geez guys, you are all scaring me! :ohwell:
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1. From there on, everything was an improvement. There are good runs and bad runs and all of them are better than my first run.
  • MooMooooo
    Options
    I just did it - I'm tired now. zzz

Took a look at tomorrow - jog for 20 mins?

How come there's such a big jump? - it starts off so gradual then gets all up in the crazy!

What gives?
  • Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can do it. It seems like a lot but it realyl isn't. Your body is ready for it. Your mind, maybe not. Take it Slooooooow. Even slower than normal. It's ok
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I did W5D2 yesterday and I was anxious just like you! I have to tell you, though, it really wasn't that bad.

My W5D3 is W5, R8, W5, R8, W5.
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just did W5D3 toughest one yet but boy it feels so good to know I did it. I guess they are all tough, but the program does take you one step at a time. I had to do W3D3 3 times before I got my athsmas medication right and my knee was acting up, but with those things straightened out the steps are doable. Just don't let your head get in the way.
    Good luck. :smile:
  • MooMooooo
    Options
    I just finished WEEK 5, DAY 3. Today too.

I took it really s..l..o..w.. and only went 2.5kms in the allotted 31mins (including warm up and cool down)

I hate the cool down the most - after I've finished my final run I just want to go and do something else... cool down sucks.
  • Dina275
    Dina275 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can't remember what my toughest day of C25K was, I have to say that the first 20 minute run was a bit of a mental challenge though! It seemed incredibly daunting, but it really was a confidence boost when I finished that run! I find the mental part of it was harder for than the physical side, I did have to repeat week five three times due to various reasons, but I found that I could complete each of the runs without *too* much difficulty, it was just that I really had to push myself mentally and make myself believe that I could do it.
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    For me it was W6 but every person would feel it different. Now I am 38kg less than when I began this journey, i not only graduated in c25k but also did 8, 10, 12, 16k and I did my first Half Marathon in 2hrs and 3min, wich is not bad when your weight that day was 110kg aprox.
    Now I became ISSA Certified Personal Trainer but I am still in my journey... controlling my life!
    Dont ever give up because EVERYTHING you do for your weight loss pays off!
    Go! go! go!
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just finished WEEK 5, DAY 3. Today too.

I took it really s..l..o..w.. and only went 2.5kms in the allotted 31mins (including warm up and cool down)

I hate the cool down the most - after I've finished my final run I just want to go and do something else... cool down sucks.

Really? I like the cool down, it means I made it and I get to walk for awhile. It really is better for you than just laying down on the sidewalk which is what I really felt like doing after the 20 min run. :wink: