Men- what body fat percentage are you aiming for?

Options
As above really. I initially want to loose all round body mass but more importantly body fat. I'm currently around 31% fat which has come down from 40 but I'm estimating that I'd look half decent with about 18%. Does this still sound high?

Replies

• Xx_mandown_scotty_xX
    Options
    im 14% now and because im only 5ft 3 i still look a little big...im aiming for about 9%, ads my brother is that and hes a nice size...and just to be clear hes 5ft 8 :)
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i'm about 17-18% trying to get down to 10% or less
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I am around 17%, shooting for 10%, I don't know what I was when I started probably around 50%
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'm 20% (based on my own calliper measurement) not sure what I'm aiming for. This is what my 20% looks like

IMAG0437.jpg
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    currently at 33%. I'd like to shoot for 15% or less.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have gone from over 45% to about 21%. aiming for 15-17%. Not too sure what exactly I will stop at, more concerned about visceral fat on my omron scales I have got down to 12, with 9 or below being the normal range.
  • lemasney
    lemasney Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The ranges and standards are pretty clear:

Athletic is under 8%. Healthy Range is 8-19% Overweight is 19-25% Obese is over 25%.

If you want a 6-pack, you'll want about 6%. I just reached 25% which was a personal first goal. I'm aiming for 15%. I'm planning on bypassing BMI guidelines because I think they make me too thin, as just entering the 'healthy' range makes me feel skeletal.

I just turned 39, I'm 6"2" and mostly torso. I love BFP, because it's less about theory and more about fitness. in my opinion.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Haven't really given it much thought until now, really. I just used an online calculator and it says i'm currently at 18.62%, which falls under the "acceptable" category. My main goal at this point is just to drop enough weight and get to a point where I'm pleased with the way I look. I'm thinking 12-14% will be ok.
  • JBHawaii
    JBHawaii Posts: 94
    Options
    Honestly, I don't really trust my body fat machine (electronic) but it tells me I'm at 14%.... I'm aiming for single digits by the end of the summer and would love to maintain 7%... But, honestly, I know that's a long shot.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get to 14% but still have ways to go. Currently 5'8" and 197. Don't know what percentage is right now but sure it's not where I want to be.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I cut to about 10-11% and bulk to about 15-16%, then I do it again.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 19%. Would like to be at 12%.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I am around 16-17% right now. I want to try and get to around 10-11%
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    what is the most reliable way to measure it? should you get someone at your gym or doctor's office to do it? also, I see many of the digital scales have it but is that reliable at all? If so, anyone swear by a certain machine - and can give any glowing recommendations?
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys. I am saying 18% now but I know when I get there I will probably want to be about 10. A six pack sounds great but in reality I'll be happy just to not be 40 like I started.

Pictures of people at certain body fats is a great idea helped me see what 18% might look like, I know we don't all have fat in the same areas but it's interesting.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Just finished bulking and now cutting to get back down to 8% BF.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for 13-14%
    I will reevaluate when I get there and possibly set a new goal.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm just aiming for a fat% that would make me get into a shape that isn't round >.<