30 day shred question ?

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
How do you log it ? I have heard to log it as circuit training but it seems to overestimate the calories burned.

Replies

• mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I've been putting it in as [Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort] but I could be easily wrong with that.
  • AnnyaSB
    AnnyaSB Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I used to log the shred as circuit training but manually enter the calories burned from my HRM when I did it.

You are right that the calories burn from MFP is somewhat overgenerous - as it is with most exercises - which is why I bought the HRM!

Enjoy your shredding - I regularly still do a couple of days of Level 2 or 3 each week as part of my strength training - love to hate those walking press ups :happy:
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I also have a question;

What weights have you guys been using? (I've been using tin cans 'cause I didn't have any haha...) I've bought some that are 1.5kg, and 1kg ones..
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    If you log it as 20mins, the actual time for the circuits and not 30 mins the time for the whole dvd which include warm up/cool down, it's more accurate.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I also have a question;

What weights have you guys been using? (I've been using tin cans 'cause I didn't have any haha...) I've bought some that are 1.5kg, and 1kg ones..

First time I did it with 2.5lb weight, this time with 5.5lbs weights (2.5kg)
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    If you log it as 20mins, the actual time for the circuits and not 30 mins the time for the whole dvd which include warm up/cool down, it's more accurate.

That's what I've been logging it as because I don't have a hrm. It says I burn about 200 calories which doesnt seem excessive.
  • AnnyaSB
    Options
    I also have a question;

I use 2kg dumbells now, but I started off with large cans and progressed to 1kg weights before upping to the 2kg ones. I was pathetically feeble when I started :embarassed:
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I log mine as aerobics light and only 20 mins because o cooldown/warm up general chatter. Usually 200 calories for me x How are you finding it? x
  • AnnyaSB
    Options

Level 3, doing all the exercises Natalie's tougher way = 155-160 cals for me. I am 53 years old, 5' 5" and weigh around 164lbs.
  • LexyLou_5
    LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    for those that have smart phone, theres an app called calorie burnt - made by a patel. That has the 30 day shred on it, put in weight and length of work out. Its a fab app