I finally did it

Options
I dragged myself out of bed put on my shoes and walked/jogged1.59 miles. I hate to exercise and Im not a runner but I did it! I walked 2 telephones poles and ran three. i did this consistently the whole way. for me this is HUGE!!!!

I am so proud of myself :) And I also burned 141 calories :)

It helps having my iPod nano that has Nike+ on it so it does all the tracking for me with distance, time, calories, ect.

YAYYYY

Replies

• flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Great job! Getting started is the hardest part. You should download c25k for you phone/ipod... it will guide you through a gradual transition into regular jogging, giving you that same feel of alternating walking and jogging- and before you know it you will be jogging 3+ miles at a time. It will voice prompt you when to jog and walk each portion, starting with just 60 seconds of jogging.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    great start!!
  • cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I hate getting up and running in the mornning but it's always nice to have it done before you really start your day :)
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! only thing about the c25k app is my iphone is so big! my nano clips right on and is the size of a half dollar :) But maybe i should buy a holder for my phone!
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    Yeah! Great job! Just doing it is the hardest part!:flowerforyou:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    it IS huge! well done. taking that first step is really wonderful.

(i think you can put c25 on a nano btw)
  • vsecret921
    Options
    it IS huge! well done. taking that first step is really wonderful.

(i think you can put c25 on a nano btw)

I tried and i guess on the newest ones you can't put apps on it. it comes with just the music apps, Nike+, and clock. I will look again online because that would be very helpful!

Someone i had talked to before said to download the podcasts and it would work basically the same. So maybe I'll try that!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! only thing about the c25k app is my iphone is so big! my nano clips right on and is the size of a half dollar :) But maybe i should buy a holder for my phone!

The arm holder would work well for using the C25k app. Great job on your run.
  • vsecret921
    Options

The arm holder would work well for using the C25k app. Great job on your run.

Thanks! I'll check out amazon. My husband has an iPod Touch that I bought him and now doesnt use because he got an Iphone - maybe I'll use that since its a little lighter :)
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Getting started is the hardest part. Some days, when the thought of exercies makes me want to crawl into bed, I know that if I can just get out the door, I will do it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great work and I promise it's going to start getting easier and easier before you know it.

I'm LOL'ing at myself because when I started I used to track myself by telephone poles, fire hydrants and red curbs too! Each day I would try to make it further by an extra marker or two. This was back in the Paleolithic Era before the GPS on my smartphone would cheer me on automatically every half mile.
  • vsecret921
    Options
    Good for you! Getting started is the hardest part. Some days, when the thought of exercies makes me want to crawl into bed, I know that if I can just get out the door, I will do it.

The real kicker for me was laying there thinking "I'm the only one hindering my weight loss" and the fact that last night my husband said we're going to Mexico in Feb :)

but i had to be done with excuses and also I had to realize that I know tomorrow will NEVER come
  • vsecret921
    Options
    Congrats! Great work and I promise it's going to start getting easier and easier before you know it.

I'm LOL'ing at myself because when I started I used to track myself by telephone poles, fire hydrants and red curbs too! Each day I would try to make it further by an extra marker or two. This was back in the Paleolithic Era before the GPS on my smartphone would cheer me on automatically every half mile.

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one!!! I just downloaded the c25k podcast for my nano. but it was a nice visual! i had mapped out with my car last night (on the way to get chinese.....) how far it was to the end of the road which was a mile. But the poles are a good visual :)