Non-Scale Victory!!!!! (NSV)

Options
I dragged myself out of bed put on my shoes and walked/jogged1.59 miles. I hate to exercise and Im not a runner but I did it! I walked 2 telephones poles and ran three. i did this consistently the whole way. for me this is HUGE!!!!

I am so proud of myself :) And I also burned 141 calories :)

It helps having my iPod nano that has Nike+ on it so it does all the tracking for me with distance, time, calories, ect.

YAYYYY

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's so hard to get out there when you first start out. For that matter, sometimes it's hard when you've been doing it for a long time. I think I see a 5k in your future!
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's so hard to get out there when you first start out. For that matter, sometimes it's hard when you've been doing it for a long time. I think I see a 5k in your future!

Aww thanks you're so sweet!! i have been wanting to get out there but i had every excuse in the book and excuses is how i got fat - so I bucked up and did it - it felt amazing! For the first time I didn't care what I looked like or anything - I did it for me.

A real motivator also was that my husband told me we are going to Mexico in Feb so no better time to really kick it!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Great job! And what better prize at the end then Mexico? Keep it up!
  • vsecret921
    Options
    Great job! And what better prize at the end then Mexico? Keep it up!

Thanks! I know a lot of people say to do things for your health, but I need a reason besides health - and it is to feel comfortable on the beach in Mexico :)
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Congrats on your achievement.
    Keep it up.
  • vsecret921
    Options
    Thanks!!!!
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options