Magic Mike....

Options
Stefanie7125
Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
Saw it last night. Lets see, what can I say? You should really only see this movie if you are female and have blood coursing through your veins, otherwise it would just be a waste of time and money. Honestly, there was too much storyline and not near enough stage time for my taste. :sad:

Replies

• niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Agreed!! I also went to see it last night with a group of my girl friends. The story line was quite lame, but i'd see it again just for the HOTTNESS! :-)
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I had such high expectations for this film and it let me down.
  • gloriapiz55
    gloriapiz55 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yup I agree.. story line was lame but the strip scene's were good.. love Channing Tatum he is so hot!
  • Stefanie7125
    Options
    absolutely, i really enjoyed it, but I found myself thinking "yeah, yeah. get to the good stuff" when they were busy with the storyline dialogue. Will see it again and plan to buy it!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Lets just say I went to the 5:00 and the 10:15 showing. OMG. I thought the story line was fantastic.
    Plan on going again tonight. Cinematic genius!

MAGIC-MIKE-REDBAND-02_320.jpg
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It was so much fun!!!! Channing is my new crush!!! And my husband (who stayed home and babysat so I could see the film with my girlfriends) very much enjoyed the benefits of it later....:laugh:

Matthew M. was perfect for his role! Creepy, egotistical, and hilarious all at the same time!!!

Loved it and would see it again!!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I was a bit let down too, but at least they gave us lots of Channing flesh to make up for it! I'll still buy it on DVD just for him.

Could not believe all the lines of ladies for each showing! And in every line, there was one or two lonely and sad looking men, no doubt dragged along by their wives. When we came out of the theater, there was this line of men standing along the wall, as if waiting for all the horny women to come out and attack them. Hilarious.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Matt Bomer gives me lady boner :heart: :love:
  • Stefanie7125
    Options
    Matthew was perfect for his part. One of the extras got a little too rough with Matthew when he did his dance routine, if you pay real close attention when he does his tuck and roll at the end of his dance, his string is broke and then its not.

I read somewhere that the extras had a 96% return rate and that is unheard of in the movie industry. I wonder why it was so high? :love:
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Matthew was perfect for his part. One of the extras got a little too rough with Matthew when he did his dance routine, if you pay real close attention when he does his tuck and roll at the end of his dance, his string is broke and then its not.

I read somewhere that the extras had a 96% return rate and that is unheard of in the movie industry. I wonder why it was so high? :love:

My friend and I did notice the broken G String! LOL!
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    When it comes out in the uk, I'm going to stand outside the cinema with a sign that sais my names mike... :devil:
  • Stefanie7125
    Options
    When it comes out in the uk, I'm going to stand outside the cinema with a sign that sais my names mike... :devil:

By the looks of your profile picture, you won't need a sign. Just don't bring a shirt!
  • tikamacphee
    Options

By the looks of your profile picture, you won't need a sign. Just don't bring a shirt!

Lol Stefanie :D
  • missmorninglory
    Options

There was just NOT enough Matt in this movie.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options

There was just NOT enough Matt in this movie.

Um... which one was he? Guess I was too focused on Channing and Joe. mmmm hm
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    remember this next time u call a guy a pervert haha :laugh:
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Haha, my boyfriend is actually the one who suggested we go see it sometime next week. Little disappointed now knowing there isn't enough stgae time. :( Can't they just make an hour long film of the guys up on stage. No story line needed. I'd watch it. ;) haha
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Agreed too much storyline not enough stage time overall i loved it lol my cheeks hurt from grinning so much i also thought it was hilarious that the sold out show i was at most the people there were women over 40 who were hooting and hollering at the screen :laugh:

However I was semi upset to see that a woman brought her 5-6yr old daughter with her to watch this its just not apropriate for the eyes of children i was more upset that the kid kept kicking my chair and the mom just kept saying shhh go sleep go sleep :noway: :grumble:
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Saw it, LOVED it, saw it again.
  • downshifter2000
    downshifter2000 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lol, I think its bout time they made some hot man movies for us ladies, all we get is events with bikini girls n wet t-shirt contest! What about us ladies??? How bout a bikini man contest for us too!! Just saying ..I cant wait to see it myself the eye candy and all!