Just curious...

Options
How many days a week do you work out? And, when you work out, how long do you work out for?

I aim for 4-5 times a week, and usually get 5 days in. Most of the time I get 45 minutes in, but some days it is 30 mins and some days it is 60 mins. 2 of those days I see a trainer for 30 mins though. Sometimes I also add in a 30 min walk at lunch time, depending on the weather and how busy I am at work.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I aim for 6 days a week, but sometimes it's only 5. Workouts are typically 40 minutes to an hour, depending on the day.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    At least three days of lifting. Then I try to get in at least 1 day of cardio. Hoping to do 2 during the Summer.
  • Cwilbanks12105
    Cwilbanks12105 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    5-6 days normally, been bumped down to 3 while I recover from a knee injury. My normal workouts last 60-90 mins on weightlifting days and 45-60 mins on the others.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    5-6 days normally, been bumped down to 3 while I recover from a knee injury. My normal workouts last 60-90 mins on weightlifting days and 45-60 mins on the others.

This, except for the injury. Hope it's getting better :-)
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    During the school year I do 5 times a week for an hour. But during the summer when I work, I try to get 20-30 mins in on week days and I get an hour in on the weekends. But I'm a camp counselor so I'm pretty active during the day anyway, not like I'm sitting at a desk or something.
  • kidral97
    kidral97 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i was working out 5-6 days a week. but i'm recovering from back injury. i'm up to 3-4 days a week. mostly cardio because i'm scared to injure myself again
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I have been working very hard toward my goals. Sometimes i walk for an hour in the morning, or do the evil stair machine for 60 minutes.
    I also weight train mainly every other day for about 75 minutes.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I do cardio every single day. I do strength training 3-4 days a week.
  • 2007nuna
    2007nuna Posts: 4
    Options
    Right now I run 3-5 days a week for 30-45 minutes each time. But I'm trying to change my routine. I need to add more variety and intensity.
  • Emmaloubalajake
    Emmaloubalajake Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do 6 days a week

Monday and Wednesday I do Zumba classes which are 60 minutes each
    I do lifting for 30 minutes 3 times a week (5kg weights as I only recently started)
    I do 35 minutes of billy blanks inferno on tues, thurs,fri and sat. Sunday Im not doing anything.

I exercise mostly to keep fit but also so I can have extra calories to eat. 1200 isn't quite enough for me so I try to earn my treats. I only started exercising two weeks ago and have thrown away the batteries in my scales as I used to be a serial weigher (morning and night) I don't want the pressure and want to give it a month or two for my body to adjust to the eating and workouts.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6 days per week - 2 or 3 hours each day.
    My exercise is play: tennis, biking, hiking, swimming, calisthenics, sparing..whatever.
    If it's not fun, forget it. I am into play - not work.
    Most Americans watch over 4 hours of TV daily, so I am glad to have this instead of that.
    TV is their fun.
    To each their own.
    I want more. My health goals are to look good, feel great and live long.
    Simple.
    It's important to balance cardio and resistence, and remember! Rest is paramount.
    Good luck - ALL IS POSSIBLE :drinker:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week and my workouts are close to two hours.

I do 30 min. of cardio then an hour and a half of weights.

Usually in the afternoon I'll take a brisk 45-60 min walk with the dog.

I love exercising. I like the way I feel when I'm done. I like how strong I've become from lifting weights, how sexy my muscles look. I have a few more pounds to lose but even so I'm not going to stop exercising after that.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    6-7 days a week first thing in the morning (4 am) and sometimes I squeeze in a second workout at night. I do between 30 and 60 minutes/day depending on what I'm doing.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    4 classes at the gym which mostly run for an hour. When summer comes back and the sun comes up earlier ill probably start walking the dog before work again.
  • JustQuitIt
    JustQuitIt Posts: 38
    Options
    6-7 days a week, usually about an hour of walking (sometimes elliptical machine) and 20-40 minutes of weights (light, 8-20 pounds).
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    How many days a week do you work out? And, when you work out, how long do you work out for?

I aim for 4-5 times a week, and usually get 5 days in. Most of the time I get 45 minutes in, but some days it is 30 mins and some days it is 60 mins. 2 of those days I see a trainer for 30 mins though. Sometimes I also add in a 30 min walk at lunch time, depending on the weather and how busy I am at work.

When I was working out regularly, my timing was very similar to yours. And I am starting again tomorrow and it will most likely look the same minus the two days with a trainer. I wish!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Walk for an hour daily and lift weights every third day for an hour.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I was doing at least 30 mins a day until i hurt my knees. Now im taking a break and only doing small walks until i find something else that wont hurt my knees again.
  • trianglgrl
    trianglgrl Posts: 24
    Options
    thanks guys!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    5-7 days a week and it depends what I do