Tour De France

samntha14
samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
Ok who's watching the tour?
It will be the only thing on my TV the entire month of July...at least whenever my husband is home. (local Pro cyclist) People wonder how I manage to read so much in the Summer, and this is part of the reason why.

So for all the passionate cyclists out there glued to their TV's this morning... here is a thread for you.

Who's your favorite?

Who's taking home the team cat...KOM, and white jersey?

Replies

• jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    I am watching. Pulling for Evans or Wiggins.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Wimbledon + Euro Cup + Tour = Workout motivation for the weekend.

Rooting for any of these gentlemen: http://www.bicycling.com/tour-de-france/tour-features/americans-racing-2012-tour-de-france
  • Neilrw
    Neilrw Posts: 1 Member
    wiggins, but Froome will be interesting. It'll be fun to see what Sagan will do to it. He's already impressed with his save in the prologue.
    Evans, hats off, but I expect him to have a pretty quiet one after week1.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I am rooting for Tony Martin and Evans. Also watching US Olympic Time Trials, Wimbledon. I am a sports junkie!!! LOL!!
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Also obsessed, been looking forwards to this for months!! (enjoyed the Halfords Tour recently and even went to watch!)

I'm not sure who I'm gunning for, (bar Team Sky- Wiggy, Cav, Porte, Boasen Haagen, Froom....) But I'm SO EXCITED

And also I <3 Richie Porte!
  • samntha14
    Fabian of course takes home the prologue. Because he is the king of the TT. Glad to see American Tejay in the white after the prologue.

I don't have any favorites this year. Just going to see how it plays out. I'm skipping the Olympic trials. It's like watching the early heats in the Xgames, just not that interesting.

I think I like Sky for the TEam Cup.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    I will be watching. No real favorite riders, just like seeing it.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    So excited it's Tour time again. I really don't have a certain guy I'm rooting for this year, but I will be rooting against Cavendish every chance I get, guess I'll go for Evans to repeat.
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Team Garmin has many US riders, I usually root for them. Besides, c'mon, they ride Cervelos.
  • samntha14
    Team Garmin has many US riders, I usually root for them. Besides, c'mon, they ride Cervelos.
    Good point LOL
  • samntha14
    Is it just me or is Peter Sagan just a little too good?
    Of course Fabian is still in yellow, as to be expected of the winner of the prologue.
  • jcmartin0313
    Yep today's stage was good, so good in face I am buying a new carbon fibre bike tomorrow lol
  • midschool22
    Good stage today. Anyone see Fabian telling Peter to take a pull at the end and he didn't do it?
  • jcmartin0313
    Yea what was that all about? I am new to cycling and trying to learn all the strategy.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    "I hurt my knees! I hurt my knees!"

"Don't think about them! Now get out there and ride!"

Oh yeah. Now that's tough.
  • midschool22
    Yea what was that all about? I am new to cycling and trying to learn all the strategy.

Usually guys will take turns leading when they are alone to conserve energy for sprint finish. Peter didn't, Fabian pulled him in and then at the last second, Peter got around Fabian and took the stage win. Some say that's racing, some say that was weak on Peter for not sharing the work. That may burn him later if he gets in another breakaway group with no teammates to help him.
  • samntha14
    It's the only way he can beat Fabian...shady like. I miss Andy!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    I miss Contador. Who am I gonna hate? I need somebody to root against.
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Aw I love Contador- from his rubbish babbling english to his bum-wiggle up the hills!

Last year I really enjoyed Thor Husholvd and Thomas Voekler, so I'm wondering who will be the exciting surprises this year.

I really like Cavendish, he's an honest bloke who wears his heart on his sleeve and is very passionate about the sport. He might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I love how he's beaten the scientists and despite the fact that he doesn't output the same power as the other sprinters, he's still kickass, and he wins. Really though I want him to conserve himself for the Olympics. I also really like Wiggy as he's the opposite of Cav- quiet, head down, and accomplishes what he needs to. Last year would have been great for him, if it weren't for his accident and I've got my fingers firmly crossed for this year.

Cadel is quietly confident too so I'm rooting for him a bit. Sagan is too new for me to figure an opinion yet though the "too good" suggestion above makes me feel sad. Yes cycling has a long and awful history of doping, but lets just enjoy a great young talent rather than subtle comments! He doesn't excite me much.
  • samntha14
    And Cavendish wins!...stage 2.