POLAR F6 SonicLink

Options
Y'all, I've tried everything to get my wrist unit to transfer my files to my computer and nothing seems to be working. Anyone experienced this and, if so, how did you handle it? I'm really frustrated. Polar site wasn't much help...

Replies

• twilight1542
    Options
    I love that feature & was able to figure out how to use it from the forums on Polar's website. 1) sign up for an account with Polar. 2) download the weblink software. 3) confirm your computer has a "sound recorder". 3) locate the "microphone" on your computer- I have a laptop & the microphone is next to to touchpad. If you don't have a "sound recorder" it won't work :(. For me, I have to place the F6 immediately on top of the microphone & press it down close to the microphone for it to work.

If you need more help feel free to message me :)
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try that.:happy:
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    I love that feature & was able to figure out how to use it from the forums on Polar's website. 1) sign up for an account with Polar. 2) download the weblink software. 3) confirm your computer has a "sound recorder". 3) locate the "microphone" on your computer- I have a laptop & the microphone is next to to touchpad. If you don't have a "sound recorder" it won't work :(. For me, I have to place the F6 immediately on top of the microphone & press it down close to the microphone for it to work.

If you need more help feel free to message me :)

I tried that and it didn't work. I tested my mic to make sure it is working and it is. The little yellow and blue line moves as though it is trying but then it says there was no answer. I've tried looking on the site to no avail. AAARRRGGG!:sad:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    There is def a glitch in this one. I tried and was able to upload 1 week.....then nothing.
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    So, I just SCOURED the Polar website and did EVERYTHING it said and STILL NOTHING. I hate to have to get another kind and start getting use to it all over again!!! :sad: :sad:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Ahmee........I know how you feel. I didnt know it had the feature until Banks told me........then I was POd that it didnt work.

I tried all the tricks I found on the web.......and the remarks were all the same. Once you have more than one week, it would not sync.

I guess I was OK with keepign track of the exercise on MFP...so I didnt worry too much.

I didnt want to dump all my info to see if I could upload weekly.........that was one option
    also hold the watch right near the mic............with nothing in the background.

I even went into the bathroom to see if it would work:blushing:

Nope
  • Ahmee2034
    Options
    :sad: I GIVE UP! What models of HRM's do y'all recommend (other than Polar, obviously)?
  • twilight1542
    Options
    :sad: I GIVE UP! What models of HRM's do y'all recommend (other than Polar, obviously)?

Okay Ladies! Don't give up....None of us are quitters or we wouldn't have embarked on this MFP Journey.

First of all, I have currently uploaded at least 6 weeks worth of data, so I know it's possible to do multiple uploads.

Here's a few other pointers. 1) Once you open up the weblink program, follow the prompts until it gets to the point that you are ready to upload. You must be at that point before you press the "send file" button on the watch or you will get an error message. 2) Eliminate all background noise. If the tv is on, someone's making noise nearby, or your on the phone, it will interfere will the audio. So make sure you are in a quite location before you even begin. 3) Get the watch as close to the microphone as possible. The back of the watch should face the microphone and be as close as possible (I can get mine within 1/4" of the microphone). What I do is get the watch to the step where you can select "send file" and then I bend the strap outward and hold it as close as I can. Once it's in place, press start on the weblink software then then press the "OK" button on the watch to start the file transfer--you will hear soft beeping. If the watch is close enough to the speaker the weblink screen will show % progress.

I do occassionally have to do this more than one time if there is somesort of interference. ALSO, you MUST have an active internet connection for this to work--I tried doing this once not realizing that my wireless card was turned off and got pretty frustrated before I realized that the reason it wasn't working was because I wasn't connected to the internet. Once the weblink software says it's completed, you can login to Polar and it will show you (#) of new files--there is one file for each workout.

If either of you try this and it still doesn't work I'm happy to help you do some more troubleshooting : )