Body by Visalus

Has anyone attempted to incorporate the Body by Visalus shakes? I have many friends that have had good success with this, but I am reluctant just drinking shakes and one meal a day. Seems a little impracticle, especially carrying a blender around. The recipes call for ice cubes, so that makes it a little difficult to just use a shaker. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Replies

• Beachcomer
    Beachcomer Posts: 122 Member
    Hey go after your goals and don"t sweat the small stuff. U could use it in a shaker cup. Visalus sells good ones or go to Wallyworld and get a cheap one. Just get it in you. This is the real deal! I went from 298 to 250 and 50 more to go. My daughters boyfriend put on 12 lbs of muscle. Get on the train and learn how to get your stuff for free. You can do it. What is your fitness goal?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,311 Member
    Ice cubes aren't really a necessary ingredient. Like Beachcomer says, just use a shaker.

I get by on one big meal and one small meal a day, without a supplement, and I do just fine. Body by Vi is another MLM that has its believers. By no means is it a necessary tool. You can get all your nutrients in food.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    I don't know much about these shakes, but I am not a fan of multi-level marketing so I know they are not for me. However I do take Vega shakes and I bought a cheap shaker cup with an insert inside that makes it easy to mix them in and it is convenient to replace a meal when I don't have anything healthy handy or for a quick breakfast (I am not a morning person so I find it nice to throw a shake down my face and start the day healthy)
  • rcthale
    rcthale Posts: 141
    The nutrition facts look good with protein, fiber, and nutrients to replace a meal:
    http://visalus.com/sites/default/files/products/facts/d1208us_sellsheet_vi-shape.pdf

My problem with shakes is that it's temporary by nature, rather than a true lifestyle change. You can't spend the rest of you life drinking those shakes.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    I am not a big fan of the MLM either, but I have a lot of friends who sell them/use them/swear by them. I have seen some of their results and they aren't too bad at all!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Has anyone attempted to incorporate the Body by Visalus shakes? I have many friends that have had good success with this, but I am reluctant just drinking shakes and one meal a day. Seems a little impracticle, especially carrying a blender around. The recipes call for ice cubes, so that makes it a little difficult to just use a shaker. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Check out my diary! i LOVE body by vi!!!! Would love to have you as a friend and help you along the way!

FYI: i do NOT sell it, but it has changed my life, i totally believe in it!! =)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    The nutrition facts look good with protein, fiber, and nutrients to replace a meal:
    http://visalus.com/sites/default/files/products/facts/d1208us_sellsheet_vi-shape.pdf

My problem with shakes is that it's temporary by nature, rather than a true lifestyle change. You can't spend the rest of you life drinking those shakes.

Thats not entirely true.. before i started the vi-shakes, i didnt eat breakfast or lunch, so this is PERFECT for me! I can totally do this the rest of my life!

Also, as far as a blender.. walmart sells a personal smoothie maker for $14.99 and its really small! You could buy one for work, one for home!
  • Lazetica
    Lazetica Posts: 5 Member
    Too expensive. Besides, anybody will lose weight eliminating two meals by low calorie shakes. you don't need that brand. Any shake will work.
  • Lazetica
    Lazetica Posts: 5 Member
    Totally agreed.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    I have a Body by Vi Shake for breakfast every day! Never was a breakfast eater...don't like breakfast foods. The Shakes are perfect for me and something I dont plan on stopping. Have been drinking them over two years!!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    My mom brought some of this by and left it at my house. The sweet cream flavor. I'm just confused on the eat this for two meals = 180cals and get the rest of your cals from snacks/dinner?

Tastes like candy though! I usually mix it with my whey protein in the morning if I'm in a hurry. You can easily use a blender bottle.