Looking for women who had C-Sections!

Options

Replies

• BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    ha...will let you in on my secrets when mine is gone!! I have a lot way to go, but VERY determined to get there! I read that eating apples and oranges helps with skin elasticity...I love them anyway and have no prob eating them...plus the fiber is so good for me....

OH yeah and I do a lot of cardio and am now lifting heavy on alternate days...
  • tamrah1991
    Options
    I have had two c-sections The first was a emergency, Two years ago, and the second 6 Months ago.
    My belly is a wobbly stretch mark mess! and i hate it. Thats the reason iam here, i want a sexy belly or at least almost flat one. :-)
  • flowerpup30
    Options
    I had a c-section with my son who is almost two. I have lost quite a few inches in my stomach and love handles by hula hooping. I use a 4 pound hula hoop for 15 to 30 minutes a day 6 days a week. It took me three months to be able to hold it up for any amount of time, but I kept trying. Even though I still have a long way to go, my C-section pouch is firming up and going away:smile:
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 sections, first was 16 yrs ago, the last was 3 yrs ago....I have never been able to get rid completely, but that is because I have loose skin, no elasticity, this is a bit different then weak muscles and fat in that area with women who have had sections but have elasticity ....Depends on what your issue is. I have used some exercise to get rid, but mostly its food, certain foods help get rid of that fat...Mine is the smallest it's ever been, but I will never have a flat tummy unless I have surgery....but before I ever consider that, I am doing everything possible thru diet and exercise to get it as flat as possible..I will post my tummy on my profile pic, if u wanna see! Eat clean train smart! Good luck! I have it almost completely down to the point there was almost no fat, but just skin.
  • ZenAmante
    ZenAmante Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I had 2 baby's 1 emergency c section and so far the best thing that's worked for me is reverse crunches if any of you have ever seen Jillian michels 30 day shred you know what I'm talking about I had to stop doing her workout for a. Month due to my knees. But continued to do 100 reverse crunches a day and the pouch decreased by a 1/3 it's length down so. Happy wish I had keep the pictures
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 C-sections and I have the worst time losing the stomach...Not giving up but it doesnt look good! :cry: my babies are 21,17 and 13....
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section almost five years ago. My belly is the hardest to get rid of but it is improving. One of the main things that has helped me: when doing any ab exercises, make sure you are pulling your belly button towards your backbone. Don't let it push it when you are crunching, etc. I try to remember to pull it in even when I'm walking around (like sucking in your gut). That helps "retrain" those muscles to stay pulled in.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I had two. First one, I was 50lbs overweight when I got pregnant and gained 40.

Second I was 20lbs overweight and gained 60

I was at my goal weight for over a year, and my belly looked like pizza dough. It wasn't going anywhere, it just hung over my underwear and jeans. Also had a 2" gap in my abdominal wall from pregnancy. Had a tummy tuck in January, best decision ever! :)
  • jaded_beauty
    Options
    3 csections here. I got to my goal weight once before after all 3 and it was almost totally gone ..... got sick and other things went wrong. I got there mostly through strength training. When weight came back so did that problem. Working on it again. Have a few progress pics in profile that give me hope. But still long way to go. Right now... morning is 30 minutes of 30 day shred -- just finished. 20 to 30 minutes of bellydance or salsa... then afternoon I will do either strength training, Pilate's, or yoga for about 30 minutes. It worked before. Ill try it again.
  • TLC1975
    TLC1975 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jodi and I have a front butt. It's VERY sexy!!!

LOL....I always call mine the talking belly...
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    Oh yea. i totally know how you feel. i have had two c sections. and i've lost most of the baby weight now. but still stuck with that extra skin hanging off my belly. i hate it. ugh. my doctor told me it probably wasn't going to go away on its own, since i stretched so much with my pregnancies. I plan to get a tummy tuck done after i have my third child in a couple years.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section at the age of 37 - no problems with a pouch! I am now almost 42 and lost 30 pounds since last Oct (closer to 50 pounds since 2010). Alot of that weight was gained post pregnancy though. I was 162 or so when I got pregnant, only gained about 15 pounds when pregnant (because I was so sick the first trimester and lost weight). Got back down to 165 or so, but then started gaining weight up to about 183. So maybe it helps that my belly wasn't stretched so much during pregnancy. Never had problem with stretch marks either pregnancy.

Its all about losing enough weight and lowering body fat - unless the problem is loose skin - then only time and possibly a tummy tuck can help! I run 3x a week and do kettlebell workouts 3x a week. Plus other various bike riding, hiking, and walking. Down to 134 now - ab 24% body fat (although this pic is slightly heavier and more BF):

2nbdoqq.jpg
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The doctor that sewed me up obviously needed a sewing lesson because it was like he had too little thread and had to pull it too tight at the end and I have this 'cinched" look! Horrible! I have a super-pouch! I have tightened up my upper abs but nothing seems to get rid of the pouch! I am glad I not the only one complaining here. Will it ever go away? I have heard of this laser toning called "lipo-laser" that might help, but I'm not sure I want to go there until I've lost all the weight.
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    C section 2 yrs ago september. Through jm dvds and lifting pouch is almost gone I have a bikini pic in my photos if interestef. Im hopimg my tummys flat at goal
  • JenGalbraith
    JenGalbraith Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I had 3 C-sections and an additional abdominal surgery. I have the glorious FUPA (fat upper pubic area) to prove it as well. I am a beginner in the 'myfitnesspal' circuit and I am sure with hard work, I will reduce my pouch. I am looking forward to wearing jeans with confidence someday.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I had an emergency C-section about 15 years ago now. I lost most of the weight from that using Weight Watchers, and then started working in fast food so I gained a lot back. Then about 2 years after I lost it I got pregnant again. So the cycle starts over. Now my youngest is 7 and it is certainly time to really lose it and change my lifestyle with eating healthy and being active. I still have the pouch area but it has been looking better lately. I am hopeful that the bike riding has been helping when mixing it with a lot of walking and swimming, also.
  • joiemama
    joiemama Posts: 1
    Options
    I had 2 C-Sections 20 months apart. With both pregnancies I also gained 50-60 lbs and lost it all within 9 months from nursing. Now it is creeping back up. Its hard for me to tell what's fat and what is lost muscle, but I was told NOT to do traditional ab workouts like crunches, because it makes it worse. I try to tighten the area every day by squeezing the muscles internally. Imagine pulling your belly button toward your spine.
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    I had a C section...about 15 months ago.... :(
  • tlucas69
    tlucas69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    3 c-sections! 2009,2010 and 2011!! I hate my damn pouch!!! I'm glad we can all relate and work on this together!!
  • kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had one c-section nearly a year-and-a-half ago. Even though I still have a long ways to go, I'm convinced my pooch will never go away because I was overweight to begin with and carry most of the weight in my tummy.