Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is this true?!

amyy010
amyy010 Posts: 48 Member
I read on a recent form topic post that

'carbonated drinks (even the diet/zero ones) are still really bad for you as they slowly increase/stretch your stomach'?

now, i don't avidly drink it just one glass a week, but is this true as Ive just bought a 2 litre/liter bottle of Fanta Lemon Zero, (as it was on offer ;D) and now, I'm scared to drink it, as only I like it :frown:

also on another note, feel free to add me haha.

Replies

• weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Hi there I'm no expert but I would imagine that sodas and any other carbonated drinks can easily make your stomach bloated because the carbon dioxide from those drinks creates gas in your stomach forcing your stomach to expand or get bloated.Have you tried putting a few pieces of fresh fruit into a glass of water? or maybe a sprig of mint? Squeezing a bit of fresh orange or grapefruit and then adding a bit of fruit really flavours the blandness of the water and is so much better for you. Hope this helps. Cheers!
  • amyy010
    amyy010 Posts: 48 Member
    ah thankyou! ooh thats great, i think i might give that a go! ;D
  • damorzacon
    damorzacon Posts: 124 Member
    The carbonation will temporarily expand your stomach but when the gas is released (and we all know how this happens...:smile:) it will go back.

The only indication that I can find that sodas can stretch your stomach and cause problems is in gastric bypass patients, and that would be due to the small pouch left after surgery.
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    http://fitbie.msn.com/eat-right/tips/3-surprising-reasons-give-soda/tip/0

You really should limit your soda intake. and I always heard soda makes it harder to lose the poochy belly.
  • VMahurin
    VMahurin Posts: 5
    That and soda 'diet' or not is really bad for your teeth. Sipping on soda all day can greatly accelerate tooth decay.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    At least you're having one glass a week, not six glasses a day or something ridiculous like that. If you want to cut it out after you finish this bottle that's fine, but one glass a week is not going to stretch your stomach or mess up your teeth forever.