fruit and veggies question??

Options
So i am just curious what everyone else is logging....i have read plenty of diets that say "unlimited veggies" does anybody follow a plan like that? and while fruits and veggies don't have many calories, if you are eating a whole watermelon and 5 ears of corn those calories will def. add up!! I guess the real reason i am curious is for dinner i had like 5 small peaches...the really good ones off the tree!!:laugh: but i feel sooo full...does that through your blood sugar out of whack?

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64830-all-calories-are-not-the-same

It could throw off your blood sugar--did you eat other things with it, like protein or fat that could slow down the absorption of the fruit sugars? Peaches off the tree are very delicious and hard to resist!! The link above discusses the sugar in fruit issue a little, there are several threads around too you could do a search for them.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i long every thing it all adds up i dont think the natural sugar is bad as long as you dont eat it with the pure cane stuff that c&h makes that we all love
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Everything you ingest affects on your body in some way, so there is no such thing as...a 'free food'. Fruit sugar = carbs, so depending on your diet plan, you may be eating no carb or low carb, but regardless, carbs are part of what we track here on MFP, usually. Too much sugar isn't good for anyone, not even the really good kind from fruit. That said, if you're going to ingest sugar, the natural kind from fruit is the BEST!

The best advice I can offer is to eat a well-rounded variety of healthy foods, in moderation.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,965 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I log in every ounce, every bite. I limit fruit because of calories and eat a lot of veggies instead.

if you bite it, you write it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Well I really don't eat veggies during the day. A lot of times I'll load up at dinnertime. I'll have anywhere between 2-4 cups. I have the cals and it fills me up!
  • kermiefan
    Options
    I think corn counts as a grain and not a vegetable. :glasses: :tongue: