my thighs

Options
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But hey thought i would give it a try. I am VERY hung up on my huge thighs. Now they have never been thin but there are loads bigger now. What are the chances i can get them a lot slimmer? At the moment they are stopping me from dropping a dress size as i can't get clothes over the top of them :( I have been measuring them and in the last 17 days i have lost about 2" on them.. But i am really scared i will eventually be a size 12 with size 18 thighs. Has anyone had any success at losing lots of weight on there thighs? I have lost 22lb so far and started at a size 18/20 and i am now a 16/18

Replies

• RaluKitty
    RaluKitty Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Running - slowly but a few times/week. I have an hourglass shape and whenever I dieted in the past I would loose from mid-section and face/upper body mostly. My hips would not budge, thighs just a bit. But with running about 45-60 min/3 times per week and watching my food with MFP my thighs and hips just melt away, midsection slower but steady. Blogs and books say runners loose upper body more than lower body - especially women. But I think that because I do "store" more in the lower body it's easier to get the energy (fat) for running from there and it works. This was verified twice by me - once 2 years ago when I started running first, and this year again.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Size 18 thighs? You need to lose more weight. Once you do that, chances are your thighs will be a lot smaller.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Two weeks in 17 days!!?? Great job! I'd say just keep doing what you're doing, it is working. I have only dropped about in inch on each thigh in the last two months.