3 months later : )

twilight1542
twilight1542 Posts: 403
edited September 20 in Success Stories
So this is late in coming, but I hit the 12-week mark with MGP on 8/27 and just had to share how far I've come

Starting Weight: 235
Weight as of 8/27: 199.8

Starting BMI: 40.3
BMI as of 8/27: 34

Inches Lost: Neck 1", Waist 4", Hips 3", Chest 1"

I actually fit into clothes I haven't worn in forever and can't wait to fit into my "skinny cloths" (e.g. clothes, particularly dresses, that I can now squeeze into and can't wait until they fit nicely because that would mean I have made it to the smallest weight I've ever been.

Here's a side-by-side photo of the week I started and my 12 week anniversary. I have been doing these pics about every 2 weeks and try to wear the same clothes so I can see the difference, which I'm just beginning to be able to do : )

223940_4999.jpg

I hope that worked : ))

Replies

• that is some great results. keep up the good work girl
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    :bigsmile: OMG Congratulations! You are awesome and honestly anyone I see here who have lost as much as you have is an inspiration and a motivation for me to continue working out.

Thank you for sharing your news and keep up the good work. May I ask what you are doing to loose your weight?

Again congrats! I'm aiming to loose those amount you have taken off.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    37 pounds makes a big difference!
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Congratulations!! You're looking great already, and your progress is so inspiring!
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    You're looking good!
    What a difference :happy:

Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    you look great.....congrats :)
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    You look fabulous keep up the hard work.
  • YES, awesome job. I like how you do the before and after pics. Very smart. I should do the same. I've lost 9 pounds in as little as 9 days but I've been working out really hard. I should prolly slow down a bit do I dont get too wore out but these days I'm feeling fabulous.

You see that woman above me? I'm proud to say she's my sister and a big inspiration, and she's done amazing at this. Keep it up, and DONT give up!
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    You are looking good and keep up the good work:flowerforyou:
  • Awesome job! You look great! Keep it up!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Congrats! Keep at it. You are doing great
  • Woo hoo.......look at you......... Well done !! Do share your secret.....
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    You look amazing!! Congrats!
  • :bigsmile: OMG Congratulations! You are awesome and honestly anyone I see here who have lost as much as you have is an inspiration and a motivation for me to continue working out.

Thank you for sharing your news and keep up the good work. May I ask what you are doing to loose your weight?

Again congrats! I'm aiming to loose those amount you have taken off.

Thanks soo much! MFP made me finally realize that I I was consuming way too many liquid calories and not enough actual food. So I started by weaning myself off high-calorie beverages--although I still allow for 1 mocha a day to get myself going in the morning--and got back into the habit of going to the gym again--something I was paying for but not using for a long time because between going to school for a Master's degree and working full time I had to choose between the gym and sleep.

So now I go to the gym every day, rotating between 3 types of ellipticals, the stairmaster, the treadmill--walk/run intervals, and strength training. I limit myself to 1200 calories per day + some of my exercise calories.

I still have a long way to go, but MFP has made this soo much easier than the last time I tried...unsucessfully : (.....to lose weight. So my goal is to get to a healthy weight and be able to wear a bathing suit without feeling self-conscious for the first time in my life.
  • YES, awesome job. I like how you do the before and after pics. Very smart. I should do the same. I've lost 9 pounds in as little as 9 days but I've been working out really hard. I should prolly slow down a bit do I dont get too wore out but these days I'm feeling fabulous.

You see that woman above me? I'm proud to say she's my sister and a big inspiration, and she's done amazing at this. Keep it up, and DONT give up!

I've found that you know if you're pushing too hard because your body let's you know. I definitely have days where I find that I just don't have the energy I usually do and I take it easy those days. For me, the best thing was a few weeks ago when I decided to give the treadmill a go. I always used to avoid it because walking seemed like a waste of time--why walk for an hour and burn maybe 150 calories when I could do the elliptical for the same amount of time and burn 500 calories. So I gave walk/run intervals a try and found that I was actually able to do without it killing my knees. I still primarily do the other machines, but when I feel up to it I hit the treadmill : )
  • Thanks soo much everyone! It's soo nice to have a place to share your accomplishments and get soo much positive feedback! I can't wait to get to the point where I can post a real "before-after".

I think if we all stay positive and supportive of one another we'll all get to where we want to be : )
  • Nanpoodle
    Nanpoodle Posts: 41 Member
    Congrats Twilight on your great weight loss. Isn't it encouraging to fit into clothes that have not fit for some time? You Go Girl!!!!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    fabulous!!!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    So great! Thank you for the inspiration. I can totally see a difference in your pics and you look awesome.
  • nali_12
    nali_12 Posts: 172 Member
    that is so awesome. you look great. keep up the good work and before you know it you'll be in your skinny clothes! that's great you've been taking pictures, you really do look good.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!