my thighs

Options
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But hey thought i would give it a try as some of you are gonna of been where i am. I am VERY hung up on my huge thighs. Now they have never been thin but there are loads bigger now. What are the chances i can get them a lot slimmer? At the moment they are stopping me from dropping a dress size as i can't get clothes over the top of them :( I have been measuring them and in the last 17 days i have lost about 2" on them.. But i am really scared i will eventually be a size 12 with size 18 thighs. Has anyone had any success at losing lots of weight on there thighs? I have lost 22lb so far and started at a size 18/20 and i am now a 16/18

Replies

• Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    In comparison to ur body are they too big?

My hips are 33.5in and my *kitten* is 36in each one of my thighs are 21in making then together 42in so they are actually bigger then my butt circumference and my hips.
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    Have done any special exercises for thighs?
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    I've been working out since February, everywhere else has been shrinking and toning up except for my legs....then I started jogging and doing leg lunges and presses. Just keep in mind that you can't spot reduce, but I found the fat to finally start coming off when doing jogging and strength training.
  • 140lbgoal
    140lbgoal Posts: 19
    Options
    :smile:
    I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this. But hey thought i would give it a try as some of you are gonna of been where i am. I am VERY hung up on my huge thighs. Now they have never been thin but there are loads bigger now. What are the chances i can get them a lot slimmer? At the moment they are stopping me from dropping a dress size as i can't get clothes over the top of them :( I have been measuring them and in the last 17 days i have lost about 2" on them.. But i am really scared i will eventually be a size 12 with size 18 thighs. Has anyone had any success at losing lots of weight on there thighs? I have lost 22lb so far and started at a size 18/20 and i am now a 16/18
    Looks like we have the same issues. I am now fitting into size 14 dresses and pants, but due to my hips I am stuck wearing my 16/18's or looking like a triangle, big time! My waist went from a 38 down to 34 this month and my hips are a whopping 44" which make me too curvy...lol I should be a waitress with these hips, I wouldn't need a tray! I hope someone has the answer to working off these saddle bags.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Well i have thick thighs too. I'll tell you all I have learned :P First you are going to drop weight wherever your body wants. I lost 40 lbs and am only just now seeing my thighs slim down a little. Ususally where you want it to come off the most is where it'll come off last. :grumble: lifting weights will help. The almighty squat and lunge are moves you'll want to do. Dead lifts, stiff leg dead lifts and kings lunges are good too. I am a dvd kind of person and so far the best leg/booty one i have is killer buns and thighs by jillian Micheals. Don't know if she is your cup of tea but you could find some clips of it on youtube and do some of those moves too!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Well i have thick thighs too. I'll tell you all I have learned :P First you are going to drop weight wherever your body wants. I lost 40 lbs and am only just now seeing my thighs slim down a little. Ususally where you want it to come off the most is where it'll come off last. :grumble: lifting weights will help. The almighty squat and lunge are moves you'll want to do. Dead lifts, stiff leg dead lifts and kings lunges are good too. I am a dvd kind of person and so far the best leg/booty one i have is killer buns and thighs by jillian Micheals. Don't know if she is your cup of tea but you could find some clips of it on youtube and do some of those moves too!

This. Unfortunately, there is no spot reduction. :( Your body will let go of the fat in good time through reduction of overall BF%.

P.S. To the poster I'm quoting... I LOVE YOUR SHIRT :D<3
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    I have been doing exercise. I have been running every other day and doing some exercises that i found on you tube just for legs and thighs. I have also been doing other exercise.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

This. Unfortunately, there is no spot reduction. :( Your body will let go of the fat in good time through reduction of overall BF%.

P.S. To the poster I'm quoting... I LOVE YOUR SHIRT :D<3

Why thank you :smokin:
  • r3ban1x
    r3ban1x Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    In the past I've had to buy pants or jeans 2 sizes large just to fit my thighs and have them taken in around the waist. There are some brands that make them "curvy" fit now but the only one's I know of are express and maybe the gap or old navy. Probably a lot more since this is actually a common problem.
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Spinning class, elliptical and the almighty painful squats have reduced the size of my legs!!!!
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    My thighs started at 29" and shrunk VERY slowly over the loss of more than 60 lbs in 9 months. They are now 24" and I saw the most dramatic reduction when I started running regularly (-3" in the last 3 months or so). At the same time, I do a ton of squats and lunges during every strength training workout - 240+ in various forms. While it's true that you can't spot reduce, working the largest muscle group in your body hard every workout WILL make your thighs thinner!

Fat comes off first in the last place I put it on - and I have had thick thighs since I was 10, so I expect them to be the last to go!

A separate question on measurements for the readers:

What's a good goal thigh measurement? I have a hard time knowing what they 'should' be - I just know mine are larger than I would like. For those of you with legs you are happy with - What are your thigh measurements? (relative to waist/hip/calf)?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!