From fat to fit-ish: The difference 1 year can make

Options
litatura
litatura Posts: 569 Member
I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but this was me in June 2011 and over 200lbs. (I'm only 5'3"):

BeforeJune2011.jpg

This is me two days ago and 71.5lbs lighter:

Picture1026.jpg

I'm not quite to goal yet, but will be by the end of July. :bigsmile:

A little background on me. I was always athletic and never overweight until I got pregnant at 23. After I had my son, I retained an extra 15-20lbs. but was still only mildly overweight. However, as my lifestyle became more sedentary and ate like crap (I was never an over-eater, but I was a bad night-time snacker and drank too much pop), the weight started creeping on. It was sneaky because it would be between 5-10lbs/year until suddenly I saw pics of myself last summer and finally realized that I had gotten fat. I've worked hard over the past year to take it off through watching what I eat and exercising regularly and now I'm only 2lbs to a healthy BMI, 3.5lbs. to my 75 lbs. weight loss goal, and 8lbs. away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm also now a runner again, which feels great! Most importantly, I feel like me again.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!