How to get a neighbors dog to shut up?

Options
2»

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The dog behind our house barked non-stop all day/night. We been living at this house for a year and have attempted to talk to the owner etc, doing the "nice" thing. Got no where with this crazy guy his great dane has a history of biting and barking at all hours. After going back and forth I called the cops and his dog is now quiet ;)! It only took this man getting ticketed 6 different times to get the HINT that we wernt messing around w/him anymore!

I lived in an apartment complex before this and the person under us had a yappy little thing that barked at all hours also. We decided to just talk to management about it instead of us getting into the middle of all this drama. I know in the city I live in there are quiet hours in place and you shouldnt have to put up with a barking dog at 4am!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Go talk to them. They sound kind of messed up but most of us dog owners don't want to annoy anyone around us and will do whatever we can to fix it. Thankfully my little Abby is pretty good about not barking :)

Bring a neighbor that is having the same concerns and both of you ask them nicely "if there is anything they can do to quiet their dog?" If they are mean, say "I tried, and now I gotta make a formal complaint". Complain to management and keep complaining if it keeps happening. E-mail is nice documentation but phone calls work better...

It would be a good idea to have your iphone or a video recorder on in your hand. Just don't let them its on or they will prob get upset. haha