self sabotage :(

Options
i had been doing so well a couple of weeks ago loosing pounds and everything was perfect...and then i had my cheat day and from there everything went downhill ..the cheat day turned intoo 2 weeks and arghh im so angry at myself..im keeping a journal of what im eating and im just disgusted at what im stuffing myself with and as soon as im done writing i forget it and indulge in crappy stuff...its like im just checking my body that if i eattttt alll this junk will i get back to the same huge me or what...im just sabotaging myself and its not goood....everyday im trying to say that today i'lll stop and be back on track i dunno what to do ...any suggestions ..has anyone gone through this phase im going throug?????

Replies

• hlecaplain
    hlecaplain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep - same here. Although at least you kept tracking some of your food... I gave up completely and indulged in pastries, chocolate and all the things I'd been carefully avoiding apart from the odd treat. Getting back on it tomorrow because I know it works. I'm annoyed at myself too, but there's nothing I can do about it now apart from get logging and get moving. Good luck!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Well, you can't change the past, so it's best to let it go and keep it moving. Start fresh. You can do this! (((hugs)))
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Then it's time to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Tomorrow you will begin making better choices again. And do not put yourself in a situation where you will have to muster a bunch of will power until u feel stronger. One step at a time.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Yep!
    One of the hardest parts and biggest dangers of a cheat day is turning that switch OFF.
    BUCK UP! And get back to it, and follow the simple MFP guidelines.
    Just get started again by going with what you know works.
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    You have MFP friends ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges just like this.
    KEEP PUNCHING

All Is Possible :flowerforyou:
  • mmaikisch
    mmaikisch Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been there. It is extremely difficult not to let a cheat turn into a binge. Not sure if this helps but what i do is try and figure out what it is I am craving and google or try and come up with a substitue. For example, if I want chocolate I will eat sugar free chocolate pudding or if I have a taste for pizza I will put pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella on an english muffin etc. I think you get the idea. It sometimes it takes a little patience to figure out exactly what it is you want. You get rid of your craving and still feek ok after you eat. It has worked for me. I hope this helps.
  • hutchy90
    hutchy90 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been there. It is extremely difficult not to let a cheat turn into a binge. Not sure if this helps but what i do is try and figure out what it is I am craving and google or try and come up with a substitue. For example, if I want chocolate I will eat sugar free chocolate pudding or if I have a taste for pizza I will put pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella on an english muffin etc. I think you get the idea. It sometimes it takes a little patience to figure out exactly what it is you want. You get rid of your craving and still feek ok after you eat. It has worked for me. I hope this helps.

That is a great idea. I usually get so lost looking through google that by the time I actually find something - I probably won't even be craving it anymore!

To the Original Poster... I have been there many times as well. It's so frusterating. I did it a few weeks ago actually, I've been trying to figure out what triggered it. I think it was the nutella. I bought it to use once in a while on my rice cakes.. and next thing you know the whole jar is gone!

I'm not buying it again, until I can learn to control myself.

I think if you can figure out which foods make you lose control and try to eliminate those, it might help.

Here for you anytime :flowerforyou: Feel free to message/add me