Easy Chocolate Ice Cream

Options
PunkyRachel
PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
It took longer freezing than the recipe says, but it tastes good. Not as sweet as I thought it would be, of course you can not taste the vodka at all. So I'm going to post it here for you all!

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream

RECIPE

1 cup of whole milk or part skim ricotta cheese
1 egg yolk (Egg Beaters if you’re afraid of salmonella)
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
A splash of vanilla extract
3/4 cup Stevia in the Raw
1 tbsp of vodka *Optional: It’s supposed to make the ice cream “scoopable” when it’s frozen. I used 360 Double Chocolate Vodka, but use whatever kind you want
1/4 cup of coconut milk or heavy cream *Optional: In case your ricotta is too dry.

Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth. If the ingredients are not blending well together and seems too “dry,” then pour the coconut milk or cream into the mixture until you get things moving. NOTE: DO NOT OVER MIX. The ricotta cheese may start to separate.

Pour the ice cream into a plastic tub with a lid and freeze for about an hour, stirring well every 20 minutes to break up the ice so it freezes properly.
Serve as soon as it’s frozen enough.
If you decide to eat your ice cream at a later time, leave it out for about 10 minutes to soften before serving, although I don’t suggest doing this. It changes the texture.

edited to add this:
Makes about 3 half cup servings
Calories: 171
Carbs: 8
Fat: 11
Protein: 12
Sugar: 2
Sodium: 100

Replies