Going to red lobster tonight... HELP?!

Options
2»

Replies

• determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Skip the biscuits (or limit it to one and enjoy every moment), get a piece of grilled fish (nothing deep fried) with the side of vegetables or rice instead of fries and a garden salad, easy on the dressing.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    plain grilled protein and steamed vegz
  • Get_Me_Fit1
    Get_Me_Fit1 Posts: 194
    Options
    Just enjoy it. lol You aren't going to gain back 5 lbs in a day. Red Lobster is amazing, and you are going to want to splurge a little. Let yourself. I mean you can follow all the suggestions listed (they are great suggestions) But Idk about you, I wouldn't be happy when I left. When I go, I just choose the healthiest option I can. 1 biscuit instead of 2. Red Wine Vinegar dressing instead of ranch. Try to stay away from the fried stuff. I always get crab legs and lobster WITH butter. ( its like 1-2 tablespoons) and get broccoli instead of fries. Just make healthier choices. If you walk out eating baked fish and broccoli your probably going to feel jipped. lol Just my opinion. Another option is to add everything you would want in your diary...see how many cals it is, and then start subtracting and rearranging stuff until you have a meal you can live with :)

This

THIS
  • ChloexxMichelle
    Options
    My advice: stay in the car hahaha
  • Dawn_is_getting_healthy
    Options
    I had the oven wood tilapia and extra order of broccoli, side salad with balsamic dressing and had one biscuit. Not too bad at all!!!

This is my go-to order at Red Lobster. That tilapia is fantastic! And eat one biscuit (150 cal) and then have the waiter remove the bread basket.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    So, my family is taking us out to red lobster tonight or tomorrow.
    What are some of their good choices, calorie/fat wise? Or, do they have a website with all the nutrition facts on it? I just lost 5 pounds i dont want to gain it back! Please help!

Red Lobster? Wow, my condolences.

Well, if you must, go for anything that's steamed or grilled. Avoid fried, breaded food. Avoid french fries and skip the bread. Go for veggies and a salad, instead. If you've saved up calories, or burned off a few hundred from exercising earlier in the day, just order what you like and live a little.

And avoid their wine. Not for the calories, you gotta live a little. I just recall the last time I was there a few years ago the wine selection was awful, and the waitress had no clue how to pour it, anyway.

Good luck,

--P
  • RustyIron
    RustyIron Posts: 21
    Options
    They have a whole fire grilled section on the menu. I like to order from that. It isn't sooooo buttery and oh yeah don't dip that food in additional butter! Indulge in a biscuit to fulfill the craving. Enjoy those foods - but in moderation!!! Also make sure you drink plenty of water to fill you up! Their website has a light menu and the nutritional info!
    http://www.redlobster.com/menus/lighthouse/Default.asp?
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Boiled lobster with NO butter is really good for you and low in calories - high in nutrients such as B 12. Shrimp cocktail is also a good low cal choice, because the shrimp is also boiled. Anything baked will have butter. I would also get a salad and if they have it - a sweet potato is a good healthy alternative to fries or baked potato. Good luck!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The thing you need to watch the most for is the sodium. Someone already posted the link to their nutrition PDF. And the restaurant, at least the local one, has it printed out, you just need to ask for it.

When the wife and I go, I usually get either the Garlic Grilled Jumbo Shrimp (370 calories) off the grill menu or a pick two combo with the grilled salmon (210 calories for the combo) and the Garlic Grilled Shrimp (60 calories for the combo portion). Remember, this does NOT include side items, but they have fresh steamed broccoli and asparagus (you don't *HAVE* to take the disgusting rice pilaf that's on the menu).

And I allow enough calories for one, yes I limit myself to one, cheddar bay biscuit. Those things are the only real reason to go there.