Chicken

Options

Replies

• thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    I season some thinly sliced chicken breasts with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder, then toss them in a bag with a little bit of olive oil, white wine and rosemary. I let those sit for an hour at least in the fridge, then pan fry in a little bit of olive oil or smart balance butter. just before done, i sprinkle a little tiny bit of asiago cheese on top (a little goes a looooong way!) and serve! I like to have it with some broccoli and a little side of dreamfields pasta...yummy! :)
  • princessfiona
    princessfiona Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Chicken Nuggets! (kind of adapted from a few hungry girl recipes, but i just threw in whatever spices I felt like adding)

48 oz. (3 lb chicken breast) cut into bite sized chunks
    2 cups fibre 1 cereal (crushed in blender)
    2 eggs
    2 tbsp water

Preheat oven to 400. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
    Add spices (to taste) to crushed cereal. I used chili powder, red pepper flakes, and pepper.
    beat eggs with water. Dip chicken pieces in egg, then roll in crumb mix.
    Place on cookie sheet, spray tops lightly with cooking spray.
    Bake for about 30 minutes.

Makes 6 - 8 oz. servings (or more smaller ones!)
    I have added this to the database as Fiona's chicken nuggets
    nutritional info per 8 oz serving:
    270 cal
    3 g fat
    16g carb
    45g protein
    9g fibre

(7 net carbs!!)
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I Like to just drizzle olive oil over the chicken and then sprinkle misses Dash or any other flavoring over it and bake it.. you also can put veggies on the bottom of the dish and lay the chicken across it and cover with foil the flavors from the veggies will go into the chicken making it so yummy.. and then you cook a whole meal all at once..

sounds delicious got to try this. Thanks :)
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    this one is quick & simple-

Curried Chicken Skillet
    large onion, chopped
    2 t. curry powder
    1 1/3 c. water
    2/3 c. whole wheat couscous
    2 c. chopped & cooked chicken breast (about 12 oz)
    1 c. frozen peas
    large red sweet pepper, seeded & chopped
    1/2 c. light mayo or salad dressing
    3 T. bottled mango chutney

lightly coat an unheated large skillet with nonstick spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. add onion, cook & stir until onion is crisp-tender. stir in curry powder & cook 1 minute more. Add water & couscous, bring to boil. stir in chicken, peas, sweet pepper, mayo, & chutney; return to boiling. Remove from heat, cover & let stand for 5 minutes.
    makes 6 servings. 287 calories, 9g fat, 2g sat.fat, 47mg cholesterol, 20g protein, 33g carbs, 5g fiber, 244mg sodium
  • kat1000000
    kat1000000 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Stuff a chicken breast with spinach/light string cheese/parmasan(sp?)cheese. bake chicken. When chicken is almost done spoon tomato sauce/oregano/basil/garlic over chicken and finish cooking. You can spinkle more grated cheese over top just don't get heavy handed with the cheese. It is really good!:drinker:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    yum, bump
  • kimfrands
    kimfrands Posts: 11
    Options
    How about some beer can chicken. I like it because it is so flavorful and juicy.

Here is an easy recipe:
    http://bbq.about.com/od/chicken/ss/aa072807a.htm

I like to season mine with some fresh thyme, rosemary and sage. With a little salt and pepper, always need that. And then some olive oil rubbed onto the chicken.

That and a can of beer with a whole chicken is all you need.

You can cook it on a grill or the oven.
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rtg1
    rtg1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    sounds good
  • Suzanita
    Suzanita Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Suzanita
    Suzanita Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to try a few of these.
  • JandCsMommy
    JandCsMommy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites and it re-heats pretty well if you make more than just the one serving the recipe makes. I got it off of hungrygirl.com

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients:
    One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
    1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, room temperature
    1 oz. (about 3 slices) 97 - 98% fat-free ham slices
    salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put chicken in a large sealable plastic bag, squeeze out as much air as you can, and seal. Using a meat tenderizer or a can, carefully pound chicken through the bag until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Remove chicken from the bag, and season to taste with salt and pepper on both sides.

Lay the chicken flat and spread the cheese wedge over it. Evenly layer the ham slices on top of the cheese. Starting with one of the longer sides (or any side, if it's square), tightly roll up the chicken breast cutlet, and secure with toothpicks.

Place chicken roll in a baking dish lined with foil and/or sprayed with nonstick spray, and then cover the baking dish with foil.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the foil covering the dish. Continue to bake (uncovered) for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 chicken cordon bleu (entire recipe)
    Calories: 222
    Fat: 4.5g
    Sodium: 692mg
    Carbs: 2g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 1g
    Protein: 40g

POINTS® value 5*

Thanks so much for this recipe. I made it for an extended family dinner, and it was a hit!
  • jmjones2002
    Options
    Mine may seem kind of boring..I take skinless/boneless chick. breast and marinade in italian dressing, but tonight I'm using the Parmesan/Roman Lite Italian dressing by Kens..We grill it and serve with a grilled sweet potato, grilled squash/zucchini and it's all about 400cals for the whole meal! We also use the italian dressing on orange roughy..
    I've enjoyed reading all of the replies for new recipes!
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to buy prosciutto and wrap each chicken breast in one slice and then broil the chicken breast until it is done. Proscuitto is delicious and adds a very good flavor to chicken without adding anything else.
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    CURRIED ORANGE CHICKEN

1 (2 lb.) chicken, cut up
    1/2 tsp. curry powder
    1/4 c. orange juice
    2 tbsp. honey
    1 tbsp. prepared mustard
    2 tsp. cornstarch
    1 tbsp. cold water
    1/2 orange (peeled, sliced and quartered)

Sprinkle chicken with curry powder, rub into meat. Arrange chicken in small baking dish, skin side down.
    Combine orange juice, honey, mustard in small saucepan, simmer until blended. Pour over chicken; bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Turn chicken over, continue baking 20 minutes. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm.

In small saucepan, combine cornstarch, water and pan juices. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Add orange pieces, heat one minute. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve with cooked rice

Take the skin off before cooking for low cal. I add onion to sauce while cooking
  • epalyn
    epalyn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I make the salsa chicken, but when you throw in the cheese- I throw in black beans & jalapenos. I also don't use the entire bag of taco seasoning- I use about 1/5 of it... and I add in my own cumin & crushed black peppers.

This is a great dish to use inside tacos, over rice, or just on a plate!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sharp8
    Sharp8 Posts: 4
    Options
    Bump