HELP Tips for Blisters

Options
I originally started my journey doing the elliptical and some walking. Lately, it has turned to predominately walking (19 miles a week). When I was walking occassionally my Nike's were fine, but as I continued to add the miles I got a pair of New Balance. I have blisters all over my feet, but I can deal with that. While I am braking in my New Balance's I have horrible blisters on the back of my heels and it literally flattens me...I cant do my power walking. Anyone have tips I can use to get over this hurdle, I am really enjoying the walking. Thanks!

Replies

• kiana81
    kiana81 Posts: 1
    Options
    When I get blisters (which is often), I use medical tape or the mole skins (also in the pharmacy aisles of any store) over them to stop them from rubbing when I continue to walk. Basically, you want to stop additional friction and rubbing. Band-aids can work too, but those always come off for me so medical tape seems to work better. You can put gauze under it to stop the tape from tearing the blister if it's popped. I hope that helps you.