Ideas of Canadian items that you can't get in the U.S.

Options

Replies

• Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Dill pickle chips, ketchup chips and coffee crisps!

We have these.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Tim Hortons!!!!!!!

Also Smarties and Kinder Eggs

But be warned, Kinder surprise eggs are not allowed to be shipped in the USA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Smarties.

I go to the states often...and that's the only thing I really can't find a equivalent for.
  • enyo123
    enyo123 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think they are called skittles in Canada but they are similar to m&ms here in the states? I always buy some of those when I go to Canada!

No, those are called Smarties. :-)

Caramilk bars. Kindersurprise eggs (though those might not make it across the border). Coffee Crisp.
  • AngelaApperley
    Options
    Actually skittles are different than smarties! Cdn kit kats are much better than US version. As a cdn i'm always excited to try things from the US as it takes super long for us to get them. Love my dulce de leche cheerios!:-)
  • VonRockette
    Options

We have these.

I've been able to find Coffee Crisp and crappy lays Dill Pickle in the import section of Wegmans. But nowhere in VA have I been able to find Ketchup! What brand and where?!
  • phoenix3050
    Options
    Big Turk...oh how I miss those!

There are other things but what I can think of doesn't ship well.
  • AngelaApperley
    Options
    Crown royal! :-)
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Smarties in America = what we call Rockets in Canada. Also what A-holes give out on Halloween.
    [/quote]

Send me your Rockets next halloween! ha ha they're my favourite! ;)
  • Muff123
    Muff123 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm Canadian...how about an Inukshuk! (They are stone landmarks built by the Inuit of Arctic Canada. They are used for communication and survival). They come in many shapes and sizes, such as keychains, jewllery or figurines.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The really REALLY big bottle of Bailey's. I'm from the US but in Toronto right now. Went to an LCBO the other day and almost cried at the size of the bottles you guys have here. I've never seen bottles that big.

Omg this! I saw those bottles when I went to Winnipeg a few weeks ago. Holy hades I wish to the dear lord baby jesus that they sold them here. It was like 4 handles worth of liquor.
  • phoenix3050
    Options

We have these.

I've been able to find Coffee Crisp and crappy lays Dill Pickle in the import section of Wegmans. But nowhere in VA have I been able to find Ketchup! What brand and where?!

Lays had ketchup chips for a while here in TX. Zapp's has a cajun dill chip that I like, not really Canadian though.
  • phoenix3050
    Options
    You should put in a Canadian Tire money!
  • VonRockette
    Options
    Smarties in America = what we call Rockets in Canada. Also what A-holes give out on Halloween.
    [/quote]

Send me your Rockets next halloween! ha ha they're my favourite! ;)
    [/quote]

Haha, they ended up growing on be, being a chubby girl in need of a sugar fix I would reluctantly eat them. But they'd always be the last in the bag! Other than those disgusting black and orange wrapped caramels. We'd just set those on fire! P.S I love your avatar, I totally wanted to order that shirt! Fave part of the movie!
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    That good dank!
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Nanaimo Bars - awesome especially mint ones.
    Clamato Juice - you never used to be able to make a Caesar in the States, (don't know if that's still true though)
    Canadian Mars Bars
    HP Sauce
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    POUTINE:tongue:
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,046 Member
    Options
    Beavertails (it's a pastry)
    Maple cookies (shaped like the leaf)
    cinnamon chicken bones (kind of rock candy)
    Molson Canadian beer
    Mackintosh toffee
    Red Rose tea
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Beavertails (it's a pastry)
    Maple cookies (shaped like the leaf)
    cinnamon chicken bones (kind of rock candy)
    Molson Canadian beer
    Mackintosh toffee
    Red Rose tea
    Know what you're talking about with the chicken bones, love those!!! Pink sticks of cinnamon candy filled with chocolate, one of my faves!!! And Red Rose tea, my grandmother used to buy loads of that and Purity products like they were going out of style!!! LOL :laugh:
  • icrant
    icrant Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    an expired health card?
    ^^^ This ^^^ ... LOL