Avocodos

Options
Denjo060
Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
I have 6 very ripe avocados and Im not sure what else to do with them besides guacamole I love it but would like to try something different any ideas would be appreciated

Replies

• miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I've had them in a lovely pasta:

Fusili, olive oil, avocado, sundried tomatoes, black olives, chicken and feta. Good hot or cold (though I prefer hot) and not terrible for you, particularly if you use whole wheat pasta in moderation.
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I love using avocados as a substitute for butter or mayo. If you have Hass avocados, they have a very nice buttery taste. So I would add sliced avocados with a turkey and tomato sandwich on whole wheat bread. Or add avocado to a BLT.

I also use avocados in egg salads. I just mix half an avocado, six hard boiled eggs (1 whole egg, 5 egg whites), and hummus. Yum!! :)
  • mamalovesgg8
    Options
    You can also top on salads or add slices to turkey/chicken wraps
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Chopped in a salad with prawns, cucumber, romaine lettuce or spinach, tomatoes and a lemon and olive oil dressing.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    toss them in a salad or on a sandwhich or mash them up for a face mask.
  • runsyrun
    runsyrun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love sliced avocados in my veggie omelette!!!
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I like avacado on sweet potato with ham! Although sometimes I'll split them in half and put salt pepper and a drizzle of EVOO on them :)
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Google "Chocolate Avocado Pudding." I once made it with a recipe from a site and it called for maple syrup. You know, IT DID taste exactly like chocolate pudding! The only sucky part was all the sugar in it from the maple syrup.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Thanks guys Ill use some of these ideas :drinker: