new girl : )

I'm really looking forward to getting into shape and getting my life on the right, healthy track that it deserves. Just wanted to shout out and introduce myself. I'm friendly, motivated and determined and would love a few good tips from time to time. Look forward to hearing from you : )

Thanks guys,
A

Replies

• McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    advice: eat & lift. don't buy into the "But I don't wanna get to bulky BS" weights will cut body fat, to much cardio will cut muscle leaving you skinny fat. pick heavy things up and put them down
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    hi :) yes, do lift. you'll burn more fat. 30% cardio 70% weights
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    hi :) yes, do lift. you'll burn more fat. 30% cardio 70% weights

good rule to go by, and eat 30 - 35% of calories in protein. usually want to shoot for around 1 gram of protein per pound it will help with building muscle and faster workout recovery. and drink plenty of water :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    welcome!
    i hope you like it here.
  • Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Welcome feel free to add me we can do it together. Strength in numbers.:smile:
  • fox9606
    fox9606 Posts: 1
    Good luck with your weightloss :)
    Feel free to add me.
  • nikkibello
    nikkibello Posts: 64 Member
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me if you like. I like checking out what my friends eat and how they burn their cals when I get bored of my same old routine
  • Hi, I'm the newbie as of Sunday morn. I am female, 69 years old and 260 lbs. I have been on a diet my whole life. Hope this will be different, but doubt it. I have been eating fish, chicken, and green vegs. Fruit makes my sugar go up fast. My husband says I am
    eating too much greens because I am not losing anything. I do water aerobics 3x a week and go for a bike ride 3x a week.