The beginning of the "beginning?"

Options
I don't know what to write about here. I am determined. 7 years ago I was a knock out. I knew it...I knew it because I felt so good about myself. I married and gained 65 pounds. How????? It creeped up and I got older.

I've recently had my heart broken. Not intentionally. My husband is a good man...very good, kind, wonderful man....but I know in my heart he is so unpleased with my weight gain. I see his eyes "roam", and it hurts so much.

So, off my pitty pot and on to a new life.....or at least the one I had.

Thanks.

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp this is helping me good luck
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,937 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises. :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the “motivation and support” message board and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them. My groups are 50+ women and senior golden sneakers and we might be a little old for you, although if you wanted to join, we would welcome you.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Welcome:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Welcome, hun. I'm so pleased that you've decided on tackling this journey. Remember, you're not alone. And also remember, you have to do this for YOURSELF first...everything is, parden the pun, icing on the cake! Once you start to feel better about yourself, you're husband's eyes won't "roam" so much. Hey, I'm married, too, but I'm not dead! :blushing: Neither is my husband. It's human nature to look. Search deep inside and you'll find what it will take to make this journey a success. Barbiecat is right. MFP is WONDERFUL! No matter what day I'm having, when I come to the site, someone is always there who understands and supports me. We're here for you, too.

Welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • diana_young
    Options
    Hi, My daughter introduced me to this site. I love it. I sure hope I can lose. Because of my weight I am not able to move around much. but maybe now I will be able to. :noway: :blushing:
  • Lizzy9
    Lizzy9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for encouraging me!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ12
    AmandaJ12 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome and good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • superstar13
    superstar13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You will love this site it is very easy to use.
  • Lizzy9
    Options
    I'm back! And thank you all again!
  • shredder
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    I feel your pain. I have 50lbs to lose and want it more than anything in the world. I have a super husband who is HOT and I'm NOT!! Ouch!!! that hurts to say and to write it- but hey, this wonderful site allows for honesty and venting.
    I have promised him every year for the past "10" years that I would lose the weight and this time I really feel like I'm ready.
    Let's join a challange group and do this together!!!:flowerforyou:
    Shredder:smile:
  • Lizzy9
    Options
    I'm in!
    Hi and welcome!
    I feel your pain. I have 50lbs to lose and want it more than anything in the world. I have a super husband who is HOT and I'm NOT!! Ouch!!! that hurts to say and to write it- but hey, this wonderful site allows for honesty and venting.
    I have promised him every year for the past "10" years that I would lose the weight and this time I really feel like I'm ready.
    Let's join a challange group and do this together!!!:flowerforyou:
    Shredder:smile: