Suggestions?

Options
I have lost 8 lbs this month. I know that it's a good loss, but I feel like I should be doing more as far as working out is concerned. I have 2 children and I'm a stay at home mom. I have been doing wii fit almost everyday. I do the aerobics workouts, and that's pretty much it for the fit. I have done the biggest loser challenge a few times.

I guess what I am trying to get at here is, I am at a loss as to what I should be doing as far as exercising. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Try different workout programs. I like the at-home videos. They give you a schedule to do what workout when. And they work if you go all in.

My favorites for beginners would be Turbo Jam and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If you're already doing Wii Fit daily, that actually seems like more than enough. I'd actually more suggest mixing it up with other things you enjoy or that fit your life, like walking or other videos. Your body can get used to things (though I'm sure you're a while from that), but I always get bored if it's the same thing all the time!

8 lbs is great progress in one month. I know you've heard it and it's a cliche, but you didn't gain it over night. Take time to lose it slowly so the changes you're making become habits. The success rate of losing and keeping off weight is low, but it can work if you really let yourself develop good habits!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Netflix has a few workouts if you have room and can stream it to your TV/XBox/Wii. Kinect Adventures also has quite a few fun indoor workouts.

Netflix doesn't have any streaming Tai Chi workouts, though, which is why I keep cancelling. Hint hint, Netflix!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your question - I work from home full time and tend to get my exercise in when my two year old naps - but mine only consists of 45 to 60 minutes on the ellipitical. I may have to mix it up with the wii and videos too.

And honestly - how old are your kids? Chasing kids around can be quite a workout too :happy:
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Netflix has a few workouts if you have room and can stream it to your TV/XBox/Wii. Kinect Adventures also has quite a few fun indoor workouts.

Netflix doesn't have any streaming Tai Chi workouts, though, which is why I keep cancelling. Hint hint, Netflix!

Thanks for that tip - I didn't realize that was an option w/ netflix!
  • BrandiL83
    BrandiL83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

We got rid of Netflix because we really didn't need it anymore. This was before I started trying to lose weight. I think once I am caught up on my shows with hulu I will cancel that and get Netflix back. Thanks for letting me know :)

And my kids are 6 and 3. No naps in this house so I have to try and work around them. Which is a job in itself lol.