Any Suggestions on "Food" replacement with other Food?

Options
Please read the following! Any help would be great. I don't care if I have to eat the same thing every single day!!!!

I am researching foods to eat to replace the below:

I don't eat meat (no chicken, no red, no pork, NOTHING..just don't like the taste of it),

I don't eat seafood, (GAG!),

I do not like raw veggies (love them all steamed!)

I can only handle blueberries and raspberries fresh.

I love dairy (though low low low fat)

CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS TO REPLACE FOODS WITH THE ABOVE????

Replies

• mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    how about peanut butter or almond butter?
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    What DO you like?
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Yea what do you like it will be easier than that away we can suggest some healthy replacements:smile:
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Perhaps some low sodium soups with whole wheat bread... Progresso has some good ones. If you like beans, you might want to make a taco soup (or chili) but don't add the hamburger meat. About 3 cans of Pinto Beans, can of low sodium canned tomatoes, can of tomato paste, green chilis, and a can of corn (onions if you like them). You could have some baked tortilla chips with them or some wheat crackers / bread. (This is really easy to make because you just add everything in a pot and warm in up). I fould some FAT FREE cheese, the texture is not so great but it melts nicely in the soup to give it that great cheese flavor.

There are frozen green beans, brocolli, among other veggies that are ready to be steamed in the microwave - about 5 minutes.

This weekend, I will be making a pasta salad made with Barillo Whole Grain Meduim Shells. I will microwave my "HEB Select Italian Garden Medley" (blend of tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, onions, red bell pepper, basil, and garlic) and add some olive oil. Then sprinkle some low fat parmesan cheese on top. (I will probably add in some cubes of baked chicken). If I had some black olives, I'd add some of them in as well. (The frozen package of all these veggies saves me shopping time and cooking time).

For work, I like to grab the Lean Gourmey Michelina Frozen Meals since they are about $1.00 a piece.
  • Lizzy9
    Lizzy9 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    how about peanut butter or almond butter?

to replace what? I love peanut butter!
  • Lizzy9
    Options
    What DO you like?

Everything that is sooooooo bad for me. Breads and starches! :happy:
  • Lizzy9
    Options
    Yea what do you like it will be easier than that away we can suggest some healthy replacements:smile:

This is crazy...but I LOVE the smart ones frozen dinners (i'll eat the turkey ones).
    Everything I love is starches and bread...all the bad stuff/

I do love vegetables, but I can't have them raw.

I love cheese!!
  • Lizzy9
    Options
    Perhaps some low sodium soups with whole wheat bread... Progresso has some good ones. If you like beans, you might want to make a taco soup (or chili) but don't add the hamburger meat. About 3 cans of Pinto Beans, can of low sodium canned tomatoes, can of tomato paste, green chilis, and a can of corn (onions if you like them). You could have some baked tortilla chips with them or some wheat crackers / bread.

I guess I should have written.......anything without having to go through a lot of cooking????? lol
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Perhaps some low sodium soups with whole wheat bread... Progresso has some good ones. If you like beans, you might want to make a taco soup (or chili) but don't add the hamburger meat. About 3 cans of Pinto Beans, can of low sodium canned tomatoes, can of tomato paste, green chilis, and a can of corn (onions if you like them). You could have some baked tortilla chips with them or some wheat crackers / bread.

I guess I should have written.......anything without having to go through a lot of cooking????? lol

well sorry to break it to you ..you gone have to cut back on them starches and i use to eat them dinners alot when I first started alone with lean cuisine lean michelina, healthy choices but those are very high in sodium which makes you retain water..now i rarely eat them only when Im on a quick run and drinkin extra water but vegetables plays an important role to..Sometimes you have to give up a little and adjust to your taste..its mind over matter sweetheart I have came along way trust me you wil adjust:happy: :flowerforyou: I am a cook professionally and I use to not one to cook when I get home but trust me cleaner eating is the way to go and Ive been dropping weight gracefully good luck hun experiment and find what will work for you and WATER WATER WATER:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • klaflamme
    Options
    I updated my previous post. I added some tips on my blog that you might find useful, it's at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/klaflamme
  • klaflamme
    Options

well sorry to break it to you ..you gone have to cut back on them starches and i use to eat them dinners alot when I first started alone with lean cuisine lean michelina, healthy choices but those are very high in sodium which makes you retain water..now i rarely eat them only when Im on a quick run and drinkin extra water but vegetables plays an important role to..Sometimes you have to give up a little and adjust to your taste..its mind over matter sweetheart I have came along way trust me you wil adjust:happy: :flowerforyou: I am a cook professionally and I use to not one to cook when I get home but trust me cleaner eating is the way to go and Ive been dropping weight gracefully good luck hun experiment and find what will work for you and WATER WATER WATER:happy: :flowerforyou:

I rinse two cans of beans and keep the juice from one (for mexican flavor). I buy the "no sodium added" cans of tomatoes. The one can of corn stretches out when it's in a big pot so it's not a lot in one serving. If you have a cup of taco soup and a piece of 40-50 calorie whole wheat bread, the starches are not high and the sodium is not off the charts. Though I would not recommend anyone to eat anything high in sodium after having a meal such as this. I ate this and counted it if it were the Wendy's small chili through out last week and still lost 2.5 a week. So, it works for me and I'm a sponge for gaining water weight.
  • klaflamme
    Options
    i use to eat them dinners alot when I first started alone with lean cuisine lean michelina, healthy choices but those are very high in sodium which makes you retain water...

I take them occasionally to work but I limit no more than one a day - probably good idea to space them out if you don't have the time to cook. One day take the frozen meal, the next day take a decked out salad, then the next day frozen, etc. Maybe limit to no more than 3 frozen meals a week.

I don't know how you do it because I LOVE meat and it helps keep me satisfied. What protein foods do you eat?
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    i use to eat them dinners alot when I first started alone with lean cuisine lean michelina, healthy choices but those are very high in sodium which makes you retain water...

I take them occasionally to work but I limit no more than one a day - probably good idea to space them out if you don't have the time to cook. One day take the frozen meal, the next day take a decked out salad, then the next day frozen, etc. Maybe limit to no more than 3 frozen meals a week.

I don't know how you do it because I LOVE meat and it helps keep me satisfied. What protein foods do you eat?

I drink protein shakes...grilled chicken ,fish,steaks, adn very limited amounts of pork I eat meat dont get me wrong:laugh: ..But I also try tofu I like that to:happy:
  • klaflamme
    Options
    I tried ToFu once and it wasn't too bad... it was almost like eggs. What do you do with your ToFu? Curious?
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    I tried ToFu once and it wasn't too bad... it was almost like eggs. What do you do with your ToFu? Curious?
    I sautee i in onions and peppers to taste and add whateva non-sodium seasoning I have on hand
  • alipetrey
    Options
    Please read the following! Any help would be great. I don't care if I have to eat the same thing every single day!!!!

I don't eat meat (no chicken, no red, no pork, NOTHING..just don't like the taste of it),
    -Soy Nuggets Trader Joes, you can find them in the frozen aisle, they're great and have whole grain wheat on the outside, lower in fat, easy to cook.
    -Morningstar Farms (anything)
    -Smart Ground is good as well.
    I ate a lot of those before I was diagnosed with celiac disease.

I don't eat seafood, (GAG!), Don't know any replacements for seafood.

I do not like raw veggies (love them all steamed!) I'd say to start buying your veggies fresh to steam them, try to stay away from frozen because they taste better.

I really think that soy milk is much better, or coconut milk, also coconut icecream.

Have you ever tried goat cheese? It's much better for you, more natural... because most of the ultra low fat dairy products have interesting "stabilizers" and "fillers" really- I can't have them because they're made of wheat. Weird to consider.

We are so obsessed on here with eating lower calories, and many people don't like cooking... but your body will feel so much better the less your food is processed.

Good luck!
  • Lizzy9
    Options

Thank you for the help. :sad:
  • Lizzy9
    Options

EWW! :cry:
  • Lizzy9
    Options

-Soy Nuggets Trader Joes, you can find them in the frozen aisle, they're great and have whole grain wheat on the outside, lower in fat, easy to cook.
    -Morningstar Farms (anything)
    -Smart Ground is good as well.
    I ate a lot of those before I was diagnosed with celiac disease.

I don't eat seafood, (GAG!), Don't know any replacements for seafood.

I do not like raw veggies (love them all steamed!) I'd say to start buying your veggies fresh to steam them, try to stay away from frozen because they taste better.

Thank you so very much! I love soy anything!!!!!! Never tried the milk though. Need to check that out. :flowerforyou:

I really think that soy milk is much better, or coconut milk, also coconut icecream.

Have you ever tried goat cheese? It's much better for you, more natural... because most of the ultra low fat dairy products have interesting "stabilizers" and "fillers" really- I can't have them because they're made of wheat. Weird to consider.

We are so obsessed on here with eating lower calories, and many people don't like cooking... but your body will feel so much better the less your food is processed.

Good luck!