I am the queen of strange friendships and relationships...

Options
lifesazoo
lifesazoo Posts: 118
I don't even know where to begin. Someone please tell me I'm not alone in living outside of the box. I want to live in it; maybe I just haven't found the right box yet. ;-)

I really don't want to be single again, but I guess that's the road I'm headed down. ****.

Replies

• olgamarie_t
    olgamarie_t Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What can i say,ive been with the same person for 23 years but if i would become single i would use that time to rethink my life,to get fit ,to try to grow espiritually and maybe take some dancing classes or cooking classes and who knows what might happen.
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    Being faced with the possibility of MS, I'm just going to enjoy being single for a very long time and do the things I love. Hopefully I'll find some new friends to hang out with and go from there. Life's not a race, after all- it's a journey.
  • Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    Well whatever you do dont change yourself to try and match another person because you will be unhappy for so long. I was in a marage that was based on that and I was unhappy for six years. I was so messed up that I forgot who I was. When I became single again after being off the shopping list for 10 years I was so lost but I found myself and moved on. Single showed that I could still be indapendant and positive. I accually had more time to be happy and do things that I liked. You just be you and if the other person does not like it then you need to be free. My mom use to say take the weights off your feet so you cane move faster and jump higher.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,129 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if there is anyone "normal" out there. I used to think I was like flypaper for freaks. If you're heading toward single, definitely take time to heal. Even amicable breakups hurt.

Do what's good for you and hopefully you'll find yourself in company of folks with similar tastes.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    normal people are boring.
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been single for a long time - not by a conscious choice but I havent been very proactive in changing it either. I've dated a few times but I'd rather be single than with the wrong person. The loneliest people I know are in unhappy marriages. It has given me time to reflect on the part I played in my marriage not working and the values that I would want in a new partner.

You say that there is the possibility of MS. I hope that it proves not to be the case. Even if it is, that does not mean you have to remain single if you dont want to be.
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The box you speak of is purely an abstraction, its not real and something people have created so that everyone try's to fit into it. I think its better to create your own box, one that fits you. Don't change yourself to comply with the requirements of everyone else. They should change their view, squint a little so that they can see you for what you are.

Don't change, stay the person you are.
  • olgamarie_t
    olgamarie_t Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey there u must be going through an emotional roller coaster ride right now but if it turns out u have MS, dont panic i know people with ms who have pretty normal lives well of course cause they treat it with meds, but u know with some limitations which is something u and i my dear already know how to deal with that having fibro and RA.if u become single focus on YOU.and if u get diagosed with MS think about what positive u can make from a negative maybe u can be an inspiration to people with the disease,ur already doing good with ur current 2conditions ur trying to get fit and trying to do exercise.stay positive.
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Could we elaborate on strange? <3