Praise! Husband is joining me now.....

Options
PunkyRachel
PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
I started my journey in January. My husband has always been supportive and praising me for all my hard work. Just not doing it with me. I have exercised by my self, bought separate snacks, food and drinks for us even. Over the past month, he started eating smaller portions and healthier. Just this week, he ran out of his Pepsi, instead of telling me he needs more, like he normally does. He washed out his empty Pepsi bottles and filled them with water, stuck them in the fridge. Now I have never known my husband to drink water, unless it is the only option (I've been with him 10 years!) in the past 4 days he has only had 2 cans of Pepsi. A 24 pack usually only last about week for him, lol. Now he hasn't started exercising yet, unless its while I'm at work and I don't know about it. I am so happy, that he is trying to get healthy now, without me begging him or nagging either. :happy: :drinker:

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Yay for good hubbies!!!!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Ok. First of all, congratulations on your successful lifestyle change and 20 pounds lost. Seriously, well done!

Secondly, Yay to hubby! Yay to hubby for being supportive even when he didn't want to do it. Yay to hubby for not being bullied or pressured into doing it (and yay to you for not bullying or pressuring). yay to hubby for taking a small, simple step (by just refilling his pepsi bottles with water instead) and for doing it quietly, without a fuss or 'look at me!'

And Yay to saving money on pepsi.

:flowerforyou:
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Leading by example is the best way!
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    my fiance just joined me too! he's taking it slow though, as he only has 20 lbs to lose, and I still have about 70. We work out together 3 times a week though and I love it.. we try to outdo eachother in some small way, so it keeps us motivated.
  • nanagain
    nanagain Posts: 20
    Options
    love this! i'd been so worried about the extra weight my hubby had put on in a short time. when he came home and said he was joining the gym w/ a co-worker i almost cried! he goes faithfully and looks and feels so much healthier! it actually made ME kick up my progress from being so enthused!
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yay! That's awsome.
  • namienoo
    namienoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is simply wonderful news! It's so much more enjoyable to exercise with a loved one too! I know I really enjoy biking and walking with my husband. He's already been on a diabetic diet for the past 4 years and he really know his stuff about nutritional eating! Now that I am on the "band wagon", he is eating even better too because there are no treats coming in to the house now. We have a 9-year-old who has her own treat drawer for cookies and granola bars but she really loves her fruit too! She's also biking more now and, when she's out with me, I make her use the higher gears so she is working her leg muscles more!

Anyway, enjoy this newer journey with your husband. Remember to keep it all positive. Men can be so sensitive! LOL!
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is so great to hear! It is so great to have that extra support and a partner to work with.

My husband has started the strength training part of my workout with me every other day. I so look forward to that time with him!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Leading by example is the best way!

^ so true
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Ok. First of all, congratulations on your successful lifestyle change and 20 pounds lost. Seriously, well done!

Secondly, Yay to hubby! Yay to hubby for being supportive even when he didn't want to do it. Yay to hubby for not being bullied or pressured into doing it (and yay to you for not bullying or pressuring). yay to hubby for taking a small, simple step (by just refilling his pepsi bottles with water instead) and for doing it quietly, without a fuss or 'look at me!'

And Yay to saving money on pepsi.

:flowerforyou:

My husband has never been a "look at what I just did" type person, just quietly does things. I hate when people try and bully me and force me into doing things, so don't. If someone asks about something I'm doing or is evolved in, I just tell them about it without being all "you need to do it or else" attitude. So that's why I had no problem have our separate food and whatnot. Now I guess I'll see if he will start exercising with me, but not gonna ask him.
  • ikoiko33
    ikoiko33 Posts: 43
    Options
    I wish I could get my hubby to join me!! I have to thank him, however, for being very supportive and motivating of my new plan. It would just be easier sometimes if he could be on the same meal plan, instead of having to always prepare separate meals.

19682056.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!