Stopping Smoking as a result of diet and lifestyle changes?

Options
I was never a heavy smoker, and I noticed last Summer that I smoked a lot less whenever I was running often.
Well this Summer I'm back on track with MFP, eating well and joined the gym. last week I just stopped buying more cigarettes.
It's been 8 days without a cigarette. If I'm in the situation where I would usually have one I imagine the feeling of pulling the smoke into my lungs and I find it offputting.
I think this is all because of MFP. Has anyone else unintentionally stopped smoking because of MFP?

Replies

• yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    No... but I quit smoking about 25 years ago. It was the best decision of my life. I smoked heavily for 10 years. I have since been diagnosed with COPD. I have no symptoms, and am in very good health... but I fear that I will have breathing problems as I get older.

I'm glad that you are quitting, and I hope that you quit forever!!

To others... If you smoke quit now.

When you are young, you don't realize how choices you are making now will impact your quality of life later. Although it might be difficult to quit, you will be happy that you did it once you have really quit.

Good luck to all smokers wanting to stop:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. When I think back to when I started smoking my reasons were all wrong and 7 years later it's about time I grew up and ditched the cigs. Why put so much effort into health and fitness only to smoke?
    I'm telling myself that I haven't 'quit' as such (because I always want what I can't have) but that I'm just not smoking. I figure once I get used to the same social situations minus my cigarettes then I can tell myself that I quit. So far so good.