is it possible to fall in love with running shoes?

Options
I have been battling shin splints and sore knees since I started the later weeks of the couch 2 5k... right now running about 25 minutes. So finally my husband dragged me to the sporting goods store in search of some new shoes.

I'd been wanting a pair of ASICS but knew that I had to buy what actually felt good and not just what looked good :blushing: . So I tried on several pairs finally leaning towards Saucony, but they kinda bugged my heel so I told my husband I wanted to keep looking. After drooling over the $100 ASICS on the wall we hit the clearance rack and I found a pair.... 50% off. I put them on and I swear I thought they were hugging my feet! :love:

But the best part is I ran in them yesterday and felt SO much better! I did about the same time/distance but with none of the discomfort I had in my old shoes. I probably would have slept in them if my husband wouldn't have thought it was weird :blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i love new shoes! awesome for you! :bigsmile:
  • JamesVeg
    JamesVeg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my asics. I got them about a month ago.
  • jenne
    Options
    I know the I adore these shoes feeling well!

I used to be an asics lover but have recently discovered Nike Frees and haven't looked back since. I still wear my asics but not for running as I find the free's leave me with no shin splints which were becoming a real problem for me.

Jenne
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good choice on the Asics! I absoutely LOVE mine. I have 3 pairs now and wouldnt trade them for any other running shoe. They are the only ones I can wear that dont leave my back in pain after I run.. so I wont be trading them in anytime soon!!! :0)
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love my Asics for kicking around in but I LOVE my Mizuno's for road running. so yeah I think you can fall in love with them :)
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love my Asics too and wish that all my shoes ( even the dress ones) felt that good.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I bought some ASICS today. I can tell a huge difference when jogging. Very happy with them. I also bought fantastic gel inserts that make you feel like you're walking on clouds... but I had to take them out, because my right heel kept slipping... my feet were too high in the shoe.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I have been battling shin splints and sore knees since I started the later weeks of the couch 2 5k... right now running about 25 minutes. So finally my husband dragged me to the sporting goods store in search of some new shoes.

I'd been wanting a pair of ASICS but knew that I had to buy what actually felt good and not just what looked good :blushing: . So I tried on several pairs finally leaning towards Saucony, but they kinda bugged my heel so I told my husband I wanted to keep looking. After drooling over the $100 ASICS on the wall we hit the clearance rack and I found a pair.... 50% off. I put them on and I swear I thought they were hugging my feet! :love:

But the best part is I ran in them yesterday and felt SO much better! I did about the same time/distance but with none of the discomfort I had in my old shoes. I probably would have slept in them if my husband wouldn't have thought it was weird :blushing: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The problem is that the running shoe manufacturers are not very "faithful". They tend to tinker with the shoes every year and, at least in my case, I often find that my "love" has all of a sudden gotten some bad plastic surgery and I have to start all over again.

That being said, it is a great feeling to find a good pair of running shoes that fits you and enhances your run. Good for you.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I love my Asics!! I started w/ the GT-2110's and now run in the GT-2140's. Once you have been fit and know what shoe you like, it's much cheaper to order online! Try runningwarehouse.com or kellysrunningwarehouse.com

I have to replace mine every 3 mos or so w/ all of the miles that I run. I buy a pair on sale and *save* them for when it's time to replace. :wink:
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    :laugh: That funny because I actually found my Asics on clearance and had to have them. I didn't run at the time, but I figured it would justify the purchace if I started.:laugh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I love my asics too - my toes used to go numb wearing nikeys and I'd always buy nikeys because they were cute. Well, oh well, I'm not a model so I threw that ideal out the window and learned to love my Asics.
    My friend swears by her Mizuno's - so I may try those after my asics.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    A new pair of Asics would be a wonderful BIRTHDAY PRESENT. hint hint :bigsmile:
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I guess I should look for some new running shoes since I'm getting shin splints a little when I'm running. Too bad I won't make it to a town with running shoes for a long time LOL like 6 months. I'll just have to hang in there.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Yes it's possible and thank god there's so many to love :laugh: I adore my asics, I'm s little crazy about them, I try others on and for me, nothing compares. Well worth the money :wink:
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow, they ought to hire us as advertisers. I love my ASICS too. Just got a new pair Sat. I've been wearing them for 1 1/2 years. No more New Balance. They are too stiff now.

I got mine on sale 50% off at Big 5 sporting goods. I'm in CA

thanks, kc
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Wow make me want to go purchase some asics on friday..I love shoes :heart: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I may not wait for my birthday. I may go to Big 5 this weekend and see if I can get a pair on sale. That's where Amylynne got hers too. Rotten kids wouldn't spend that much on me for my birthday anyway. :tongue:
  • Op, you are so funny
    i like my Gel asics also... walking in it did not impress me.. but when i run in it.. i feel like i'm running on cloud.

So funny! When I ready your topic title I knew what shoes you were talking about. I bought mine a couple weeks ago and never want to take them off! They are the best shoes EVER!!!!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to sound stupid but what are shin splints??:embarassed: