c25k

Options
my first day of c25k and I jogged 2 miles!!! feels GREAT!

Replies

• PVB32082
    PVB32082 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a day ahead of you and still excited... :smile:

Hope a few folks will find this thread as I would love to see the ups and downs
    and know its not all me.

Good Luck to you and hang in there...update how your doing!!
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I went 2.04 miles. It felt really good :)

I'm glad you're still excited!!!
  • TamaraHaase
    TamaraHaase Posts: 39 Member
    Options

and know its not all me.

there are a few groups for C25K, just search in groups for them. While some are old and not that busy, there is still a lot of great info out there. I can say that after joining a group and reading about the dreaded wk5d3, I didn't dread it nearly as much as I probably would have because I saw others with the same fears who all said they were able to do it.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    great job, i havent done the c25K program it self but i run 5k on the tredmill 2-3 times a week.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 today! I'm so not a runner, but so far I am surviving!
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    We have a running for beginners group, if you are interested in joining. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6467-running-for-beginners

Many of the people on the boards are doing the c25K program.
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options

and know its not all me.

there are a few groups for C25K, just search in groups for them. While some are old and not that busy, there is still a lot of great info out there. I can say that after joining a group and reading about the dreaded wk5d3, I didn't dread it nearly as much as I probably would have because I saw others with the same fears who all said they were able to do it.

I just completed week 5 day 3 today. I was super nervous and didn't know if I could make such a big jump in my run length, but I made it! Now next week I have to get my pace up!
  • StevenDial
    StevenDial Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    After seeing this post I am going to do this. I start tomorrow!
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I struggle with week 5 day 2 before. Kept repeating it never got easier for me. One of my other MFP friends sugested I go back and repeat week 4 on Thursday I did week 5 day 1, was unable to do it weekend because of storms. Think I'm going to repeat 5-1 2 or 3 more times and do 5-2 3 times and see how it goes. When i struggle I've been repeating days. Hope i can get past it.
  • scubamommy
    scubamommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started tonight after a few weeks of procrastination - I didn't follow the 1st week/day plan exactly b/c I was running with my son in a stroller and we stopped by a park (haha!) but I mapped my route afterwards and ended up jogging/walking (mostly walking by the end!) 3.09 miles.
  • jmo325
    jmo325 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm in week 4 and nervous about next week! First jog with no intervals!!!
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Love C25K, completed week 5 day 3 yesterday (skipped week 5 day 1). I ran for 20 min straight. It felt amazing! Keep at it, repeat the day if you want too. Week 3 I did 4 times.

I am ready to tackle week 6, but thinking I want to go straight to week 6 day 3 the 25 min run, days 1 and 2 split the 25 min run. I figure I just did 20 min, and want to push it forward... any suggestions from C25K grads?
  • tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did the Week 5 Day 3 dreaded one today. And I did have to stop - part of my route is a gradual hill in my neighborhood - so I stopped when it started inclining because I was already knowing I wasn't going to make it. So I made it 11 minutes. So my main goal was to beat the 8 minutes from Friday. So my next running day is Wednesday and I"m repeating the day again. I know it is a mental game - so I want to keep at it!
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I stugle and get discouraged, but not giving up yet. Just trying to make it work some how. I just get discouraged to see everyone else succeeding and I'm strugling.
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner by any means, but I finished wk 1 on Friday and am looking forward to wk 2 tomorrow. It's a great program!
  • vsecret921
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments!!! I'm not looking forward to such a leap but I'm going to take it day by day instead of dwelling on it or I'll stop!
  • PVB32082
    Options
    I'm taking credit for the warm up and cool down to get to my 2.01 miles :)

W1D2 in the books... still excited!

Slightly faster amd slightly longer...Baby Steps!

Keep it going.....
  • vsecret921
    Options
    I count the warm up and cool down too! I get 2.04 miles. Great job!!! One more day for wk 1 :)
  • PVB32082
    Options
    Back at it after a one day holiday...was able to jog through all 8 intervals...W1D3 in the rearview mirror!!

RANDOM THOUGHTS :)

What started as the harder part breathing has given way to soreness in shins and calves as the hardest part. Assuming/Hoping goes away as I get stronger...
    Music really helps me...keeps me from thinking to much...
    Have begun creating mind games for myself..keep running til that tree...count slowly to 15 or thirty....guess next song in playlist... lol
    Nicest places to run in the park have the most bugs...remember spray...
    Mixed feeling of pride and embarrassment as I pass a group of people in the park...
    Think shoes might help some...just wearing regular new balance kicks...
    Starting to jog faster and walk slower during intervals...odd...

The program prompting and music playlist is a God send for somebody just starting out...will look back at my uploaded stats eventually and see how far I have come, Keep at it !!