I'm not motivated anymore...

Options
Ugh it's really making me mad! I promised myself I'd stay 118lbs when i started school, but now i gained back 12lbs and more! How do i stay motivated? I feel like sometimes, i don't care anymore and that i'll start again the next day. BUT I EVERYDAY CAN'T BE A START OVER DAY! Please help me! i've been doing this for about 8 months now!

Replies

• CPBC
    CPBC Posts: 12
    Options
    It happens to all of us. you get tired to tracking everything, tired of salads, and tired of putting the effort into eating healthy - and in this world of fast food, it does take effort.

Dont think about how far you have to go...celebrate how far you have come!!!

Now get out there and move your body, walk, run, ride a bike whatever turns your crank. I know you may not feel like it but ignore the self defeating talk, just get to it...you'll feel better and your mojo will come back.
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I hate when I lose my focus and my direction. The only thing that brought me back to my health was the fact that I've got 2 kids to take care of.

I know that I should do it for me, but that is one of the things I'm working on. Mostly I love them so much and love to be doing things with them, I remind myself of what I'll be missing.

Sooooo, you gotta care about yourself. CPCB is right. Just do it. Soon you'll be back into the groove of things. Don't go by what you feel like. Lord, if I did that, I'd be a real mess.:smile:

And where I got my mind change from was in prayer. For me it is what worked. I prayed for God to change my attitude. Must be working cause I've completed a week of good food. It wasn't all perfect, but I just kept going. That and the fact that I write down everything I'm eating and doing this site.
    Be blessed, kc
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us. you get tired to tracking everything, tired of salads, and tired of putting the effort into eating healthy - and in this world of fast food, it does take effort.

Dont think about how far you have to go...celebrate how far you have come!!!

Now get out there and move your body, walk, run, ride a bike whatever turns your crank. I know you may not feel like it but ignore the self defeating talk, just get to it...you'll feel better and your mojo will come back.

I second everything that CP said! Think about the weight you've lost, and hopefully, you won't want to undo that, so you'll keep going, and also lose the rest that you want to too! :smile: