Anyone else get sick from fast food?

Options

Replies

• MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am now another one that has a very iffy tummy after eating high greased food. KFC/ McD's and Chip Shop are bad but the worst is now Donner Kebabs. I have not been able to eat one of them for about 6 months. It gives me stomach cramps and then I spend the next 12 hours running to the loo.

I am ok when I use oil in the house as it is never over 30mls so I either choose wisely at the Chinese/Cantonese take away or I cook Thai/Cantonese/ Chinese in the house.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have found that most of the time when I "eat out", I pay for it the next day with IBS. The heavily processed foods tear me up.

A few months ago my carpooler opened a bag of potato chips from a vending machine in the car. I found the smell overpowering. The greasy smell just hung in the air and I commented how greasy the chips smelled. She couldn't even smell them.

I guess it is part of the effects of primarily eating the basics and cooking for myself.
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, good to know I'm not the only one! I'll have to try and remember this next time I'm tempted to treat myself!
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have not ate fast food for a long time for that reason, it makes me sick too.
    Say if I want some pizza or something, I usually go to the store and buy it. Not only is it better than the fast food I get, but it does'nt make me sick.
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make me sick to eat it but cravings definitely drop when I don't have for a while, and increase when I start eating it again. I was never a big Burger chain fan but do (did?) like fried chicken.

One thing, I wish people would stop calling it a treat, it should be given it's correct name of a last resort convenience. Shudder if hear people saying oh were' taking the kids to McGrim for a treat. Fine on occasions but don't equate it to something special..
  • mizzcase
    mizzcase Posts: 24
    Options
    The only thing that stopped me from throwing it out after the first bite is that I hate to waste food. :/

HAHAHAHAHA, this excuse is about as good as, "I can't lose weight, I'm fat because its genetic!"

Self-control. Learn it.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yep, makes me sick. If my kids want fast food (which I don't allow very often) I always get a salad.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I get pretty ill from fast food. Or any food of questionable quality really. I don't eat fast food, but I have this problem at restaurants too. High end or no.

When we eat out, which is pretty rare, I always go for simple dishes where the ingredients are obvious. Basically, I eat a lot of salad and fill up on wine :smokin:
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was only dieting for a week or two when I decided to get McDonald's for dinner one night. I haven't had it since! My stomach paid for it dearly, and that's the main reason I haven't been back! I've tried other things since then, and the only thing that my body hasn't rebelled against is Taco Bell. Maybe Taco Bell isn't as fatty as other fast food places. But even restaurants. I ate Beef O' Brady's last night and felt sick this morning. WAY TOO MUCH SODIUM (which could also be the culprit), so I'm pretty much detoxing today! Lol!
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating fast food for many months and went organic/local/non gmo ... and then I was in a hurry and had to get food quick- went through the drive thru at KFC
    I only ate the mashed potatoes and gravy
    I was nauseated and had bed spins so bad I was wondering if it was something more serious... I was so dizzy and felt terrible.
    It was very weird.
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    TMI but fried food makes me sick "out the bottum" lol. I have IBS and it really triggers it. I figure that its our bodies giving us a sign to not put that crap into it..
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was only dieting for a week or two when I decided to get McDonald's for dinner one night. I haven't had it since! My stomach paid for it dearly, and that's the main reason I haven't been back! I've tried other things since then, and the only thing that my body hasn't rebelled against is Taco Bell. Maybe Taco Bell isn't as fatty as other fast food places. But even restaurants. I ate Beef O' Brady's last night and felt sick this morning. WAY TOO MUCH SODIUM (which could also be the culprit), so I'm pretty much detoxing today! Lol!

I used to have the same experience with Taco Bell, but I dont eat out at all anymore
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Your body gets used to things. It was previously used to fast food when you ate it more often. Now that you don't eat it often, it doesn't like that you're feeding it CRAP!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    absolutely! i don't know how i ever ate it so often...it makes me feel SO bad now!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I can't even eat a McDonalds burger/fries anymore and haven't for a good two years now. If I don't have a choice I'll do a chicken snack wrap or chicken sandwhich with apple dippers, but even that I hate eating! My body feels so gross afterwards! YUCK!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    we NEVER eat fast food cause it totally grosses my guy out.... However, I have craved it on rare occasion but the closest we get to fast food is Subway
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I walked past a KFC today, and felt like throwing up at the sheer stench of the Fat.

THIS.

Yes its entirely possible. I get so sick of seeing things dripping in fat and oil, it instantly puts me off them.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I gave up fast food a long time ago... but occasionally (when I have my nieces and nephews over), I cave and get breakfast somewhere like BK or DD... and I regret it for at least 5 hours after every time. At this point, I just avoid it all together.

Fast Food hurts. :(
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten at a fast food restaurant in years. The mere thought of consuming all that fat disgusts me.
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    i've been at this lifestyle change for a little over 2 months now. last week i had a long day/late night at work and didnt have time to make a proper dinner so i stopped for some tacos. 10 minutes after i finished them i felt very ill.