stupid moving STUPID STUPID MOVING!!

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
ugh i cant get back into the swing of things since i moved.....I'm up 5 lbs (I think a lot of it is water weight and waste retainment.....but ugh!....my clothes are starting to fit snug again and i just cant seem to get back on the ball.....how the heck do i get motivated again? :cry:

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    You can do it Hasiangirl :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    You can do it Hasiangirl :smile: :flowerforyou:
    i started today so so (had an apple and peanutbutter for breakfast) lol.....but i've only eaten once versus 2-3times....my metabolism must be like wtf lol.....I'mma take a walk tonight......but im surrounded by junk food! :grumble: why the heck did i let a GUY go grochery shopping?!?! :grumble: big mistake (sorry to any guys on here that do know how to go grocery shopping) lol
    and ty shanta :bigsmile: imma try to get back on the horse again
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    i dont know, but i hope the same thing doesnt happen to me....im moving in about two weeks! I just bought my first house! So excited! Yet so Frightened! I remeber when we moved 6 months ago! All we ate was pizza and chinese for like a week! We dont even have a refrigerator yet, so it could be worse this time!

good luck with your 5lbs! just remember one pound at a time! :bigsmile:
  • hasiangirl
    i dont know, but i hope the same thing doesnt happen to me....im moving in about two weeks! I just bought my first house! So excited! Yet so Frightened! I remeber when we moved 6 months ago! All we ate was pizza and chinese for like a week! We dont even have a refrigerator yet, so it could be worse this time!

lol thats what happened.....pizza and fried chicken the first 3 nights...and then i was so tired i let my bf go shopping lol and i dont have any healthy food....besides apples LOL ..and now that i remember that bad food tastes sooooo goooood....i just dont wanna go back :laugh:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    move forward for your health! go to the store and get yourself super yummy things that are good for you--still grapes and mini watermelons out there.
    16 pounds is a lot!! you don't want it back! it's three bags of sugar!!!
    so drink your water and get to the store and get healthy things that are fast while you get settled in. even frozen diet meals would be better than kfc.

go to self.com for more quick ideas. they have menus and a list of more than 50 "good" grocery store items incl whole wheat pretzels and kashi frozen meals.

don't give up!! you can succeed even with the craziness of moving!! :flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member

Yep, know the feeling. When we bought our house last month we had about two weeks of coming straight to the house after work to work on it and paint, so that meant quick easy dinners were needed. And then once we moved there was a good week before we got settled enough that I was able to do any real cooking.

But while you're unsettled, keep the pizza limited to one night a week, other than that go for subway, panera bread....anywhere you can get a healthy sandwhich or salad. You could also get a small cooler and keep some bread and lunchmeat in there for quick meals. Since I didn't have time to work out after work during those few weeks, I walked on my lunchbreak. I was also lucky that my boyfriend's mom came over and helped me unpack the kitchen, this sped up my ability to cook.

To the OP, you're just going to have to make the decision to get yourself back on track. Pick a day, and just do it. Don't dwell on your lack of control recently because there is nothing you can do about it now. But tell yourself, there was a reason you faltered (not just because you were lazy, moving can really throw a wrench into your everyday life) but now that reason is over and it's time to get back to it. You can do it!
  • hasiangirl

To the OP, you're just going to have to make the decision to get yourself back on track. Pick a day, and just do it. Don't dwell on your lack of control recently because there is nothing you can do about it now. But tell yourself, there was a reason you faltered (not just because you were lazy, moving can really throw a wrench into your everyday life) but now that reason is over and it's time to get back to it. You can do it!
    thats soooo very true......=) tyvm! i am choosing today to do it.....why not just get the first hard few days over with and do it right? lol......*hugs* ty all so very much :flowerforyou:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    as an army brat who has moved all my life it was my parents job to stress about the moves so they never really affected me too much - until i myself became an army spouse, and 3 moves in 2 years at 20 lbs each - the stress and the eating out, bad combo

still working to get that off now...
    so don't stress about your few pounds...just get your kitchen organized again first thing, and get back on track :happy:
    you already know you can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    My husband & I moved into a new house a few months ago & I thought it was going to be super easy to eat healthy because we were starting with bare cupboards & fridge. Well, it wasn't... it was more difficult actually. We lived with my mom temporarily and had thrown out or given away just about everything we owned. We were so darn busy every day, evening & weekend working on the house that we didn't have time to cook... going out, take out, fast food, etc. was much easier. :ohwell:

Now our house is pretty well put together that we don't have excuses! :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.