Opinions on Modified Insanity/P90X Hybrid

Options
I am going to finish Insanity next week. I think I want to do a hybrid workout next, but was curious if anyone has done the modified hybrid listed below which I think is a bit different from the standard Insanity/P90X workout. ( I think the standard Insanity/P90x hybrid alternates the strength days from P90X on M, W, F and Insanity on T and Sat with Yoga or Core Recovery on Thursday)

Today was a recovery day for me, but I decided to do a heavy leg weight workout, followed by the P90X leg and back, then Insanity Circuit and Ab Ripper. Entire workout took about 2 1/4 hours, but it felt really good. Here's what I am thinking:

Monday -- Chest/Back followed by Insanity Circuit then Ab Ripper
Tuesday -- Insanity Max Ply
Wednesday -- Back and Biceps followed by Pure Cardio then Ab Ripper
Thursday -- Insanity Core Cardio or P90X Yoga
Friday -- Legs and Back followed by Insanity Plyo Strength then Ab Ripper
Saturday -- Insanity Max Circuit
Sunday -- Recovery or Free Weight of choice

I want to continue to get the full body workout of Insanity, but also incorporate more strength work, but am curious if anyone thinks the doing Insanity immediately after strength type work is counterproductive?

Replies

• greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It is good to incorporate strength into Insanity workouts just watch out you don't burn yourself out and make sure you get plenty of rest and consume a lot of calories because you will be burning a ton of them. I am starting a P90X and Insanity challenge group starting in July if you wanted to join for more help and support