Is going over your protein bad?

Options
Hi all,

Today I went 45 over my protein, I was just wondering whether this was really bad or not?

Replies

• YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    To me the protein MFP allows is low. Protein is good for you, I sometimes go 90 over, and it seems to help my weight loss. I'd actually recommend to try to go over on it!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Nope you're good.
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, not again! Aaaaaarrrgh
  • MrsButler82
    MrsButler82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No!!!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Not unless you have a medical problem prohibiting you from eating protein
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Protein helps your muscles recover and I also believe it helps build so I say No...it is a good thing to go over...I usually try to be over on my protein and be low in the carbs which is my personal preference. Good Luck!
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    your protein should be set at 1.1 times your lean body mass- assuming you are working out. So if you weigh 120 and have 25% body fat that's 120lbsx%25=30 lbs of fat. 120-30= 90lbs of lean body. So 1.1x90 lbs of lean =99
    You should be eating 99 grams of protein each day. Look at really fit people's diaries- they eat more than they weigh in protein. When I upped my protein (and decreased carbs to 50-100) I lost the last 10lbs. PROTEIN IS GOOD