Help? Sleeping issue due to "dieting"?

Options
Hey everyone, ever since I started this journey, my sleeping has been messed up.
I think it's because of how I changed my eating habits really quickly. But I don't know how to get back on a regular sleeping schedule.
I've been trying for the past 2 weeks but it feels like it's impossible and all I do is lay there awake lol.
I feel as if I could be working out more in the day if I could actually get up. Even though I have already lost 21 pounds in 2 months, I still feel as if I could be doing better seeing my weight is still really high ( 278)

Did this happen to any of you? If so how did you fix your sleeping schedule?
Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Replies

• Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    What time do you work out? I found that if I worked out after 5pm, I can't sleep well, so I do it earlier.
    I haven't found diet to interfere with my sleep, though.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, ever since I started this journey, my sleeping has been messed up.
    I think it's because of how I changed my eating habits really quickly. But I don't know how to get back on a regular sleeping schedule.
    I've been trying for the past 2 weeks but it feels like it's impossible and all I do is lay there awake lol.
    I feel as if I could be working out more in the day if I could actually get up. Even though I have already lost 21 pounds in 2 months, I still feel as if I could be doing better seeing my weight is still really high ( 278)

Did this happen to any of you? If so how did you fix your sleeping schedule?
    Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Yes, when I started getting really lean, I required a lot less sleep.

But during the bulk of my weight loss, I found that the added exercise and less calories allowed me to sleep better.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    What time do you work out? I found that if I worked out after 5pm, I can't sleep well, so I do it earlier.

I Start working out around 2pm - 5 pm. And then again at around 8-11pm.
    Maybe my workouts are interfering with my diet? I'm not sure but I'll try to work out earlier and see what happens :]
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Maybe my workouts are interfering with my diet? I'm not sure but I'll try to work out earlier and see what happens :]

Not following you. You workout 3 hours twice per day? With 3 hour interval? Excessive?
  • YoshiZelda
    Options
    I workout in the afternoon and at night. I'm not sure if this is what's causing me to stay awake.
    I usually go to bed around 2-3 am since I can't go to sleep earlier, and I usually wake up around 12-1 pm. Which really annoys me :[
    I just hope it won't effect my weight loss.
  • YoshiZelda
    Options

Not following you. You workout 3 hours twice per day? With 3 hour interval? Excessive?

Nonono Lol. I usually do a 30 minute workout between 2pm - 5 And then another 30 minute workout between 8-11pm.
    Sorry I should have added that!
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    If you're working out right before bedtime that could messing with your ability to sleep. Try to do your workouts earlier in the day and see if that helps.
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    evening works outs cause me not to sleep. Try working out earlier in the morning and see if that helps.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My workouts are first thing in the AM,and after I get home and eat I am revd for the whole day.I actually sleep better than ever. I might try mornings for a while if that fits into your schedule and see if it helps.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    For me I find even if I feel tired I'll feel more awake and refreshed after I finish working out. If you're the same working out at 10-11pm isn't such a good idea.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Instead of exercising at evening time, follow the normal routine you have for going to bed...those routines signal your body to prepare for sleep. Then you feel those sleep hormones hitting you, and you are ready to climb into bed and go to sleep. It could be that you have changed your routine, so to speak, and are not settled down and ready to go to sleep.
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that exercise later in the evening is probably the culprit. I also read that the computer or TV light signals our brains the same way as the sun, so that could be keeping you up too. I know it wil be hard at first, but set your alarm & get up in the morning & work out...I bet it won't take too long before you are falling asleep at night...good luck...
  • jldunn713
    jldunn713 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Move that 8-11 pm workout to 8-11 am. It might be hard the first week to wake up and get going, but you will adjust and be able to sleep a lot better at night. When you work out, your core body temperature goes up and that interferes with falling asleep, not to mention your nervous system gets all revved up too. Also, do some research on things to try to help you fall asleep, like having a small snack with protein/tryptophan, drinking tea, magnesium supplement, etc. And coffee is not a bad thing to use while you are getting used to working out in the morning! It should improve your workout performance and help burn some calories.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Im the opposite. I find a late night work out takes away my excess energy and calms my mind, so I get to sleep better cause I'm tired from the workout :P
  • Sammich_86
    Options
    Try some vitamins. Go to your local pharmacy and let them know what has been happening and they may be able to lead you in the right direction.