Starting MFP again!

Options
x0emz0x
x0emz0x Posts: 38 Member
Hi everyone,

I have been on MFP since the beginning of this year - I managed to lose 7lbs in two weeks, and then my weight stalled. I then got lazy and have found it hard to keep track of my calories on MFP - I ended up thinking of it as more of a chore than a lifestyle.

I am going on holiday with my boyfriend at the end of September, and I am now determined to have a 'bikini body' by then.

Below is a photo of me on 13th June 2012 - I still look practically the same as I haven't really changed my eating habits.

130612.jpg

I'm 22 and quite a fussy eater. I loveee my takeaways (mainly pizza), enjoy crisps and chocolate, although I only usually have one a week now. A lot of days after work, I'm not in the mood for a dinner, so I will just settle with a bowl of cereal or something else little.

I go to Forces Fit (basically an outdoor fitness class run by current & ex-military) twice a week - I have met a lot of friends while going here, and enjoy it a lot - it is very fun, no matter how much pain I am in! I can feel that I have gotten much fitter than I was before I started this. I usually burn between 400-600 calories per hourly session - more if I walk there. I also go to Kung Fu once a week - I have finally started this again after 8 years, and love it. This is a two hour session, and I can't wear my HRM in the class, but I'm sure I burn atleast 500 calories in a two hour session. I have started to walk to work in the mornings - this takes me around 30mins, and I tend to burn around 200 calories. I also own some kettlebells, so I am going to aim to fit in some kettlebell training atleast once a week.

I feel I am now determined to get slimmer and tone up, thanks to my holiday getting nearer - I will love to be less self-conscious of myself in a bikini.

If anyone has any tips, please pass them my way :) And if anyone is looking for anymore friends for motivation and support, feel free to add me

Emma xx

Replies

• carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma. I'm Sarah and I'm 21. Forces Fit sounds kinda fun. If you're looking for some more fitness programs, try Zumba. It's super fun dance fitness and I usually burn like 720 or so in an hour.I am also going on a trip this summer and would love to be fit by then. Feel free to add me.
  • x0emz0x
    x0emz0x Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah,

I did do zumba for a while, but after 6 months I got a bit bored and I think my body stopped working as hard, maybe because I' d gotten used to it

Emma