Let the Change Begin

Options
Hello!

I heard about this site from a friend and thought I would give it a try. So far, it looks pretty awesome!

I signed up yesterday and I have been spending time reading the message boards and looking up foods. I have always been horrible about counting calories, etc so I think that this may be my answer!

I am a 26 year old that has slowly been putting on weight the last few years. It just kind of creeps up on you, huh? I go in spurts where I do really good with going to the gym, watching what I eat, etc and then somehow it just dwindles off. The "dwindle" can be cause from anything--being sick, being too busy, too tired to go workout, and the list goes on. I did a good just losing weight last winter, but not being on a specific schedule or routine this summer has thrown me (I am a teacher). I am hoping now that I will be on more of a routine that I can get back on the wagon. Now my only fear with that is the lack of time I will have, but I am hoping this site will help me with that b/c I can plan out my meals.

I am also really interested in finding foods that I can make (that aren't too complicated and time consuming) that I an incorporate into my every day diet. I want to hear some of the other MFP "meal plans" or ideas. I especially struggle with breakfast b/c I always feel in a rush in the mornings, so I grab something not filling enough or too fatty to get me through until I get a break or lunch.

Wish me luck!
I am excited! :)

Replies

• Yvette135
    Options
    Good Luck and Welcome!:flowerforyou:

247588.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • SaraThePrincess
    Options
    Best of luck to you! You can do it. Not only can you plan meals, but you can always go back and add the foods you eat which will allow you to see the food choices you are making and help get you in the mindset of changing those habits.
  • _ae_
    _ae_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Yvette135 and SaraThePrincess!!!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site :flowerforyou:
  • Berna
    Berna Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am not new to this site, however, I am beginning again. I started this with a half-hearted attempt back in January. My friend connected me to the site and I was doing fine without it. After a summer of indulgences and an 11 pound gain (obviously the wrong direction) I decided it was time to get serious. So, here I am.

I started my weight loss journey over 3 years ago. The course I had plotted for myself then was to lose 75 pounds in a year. At the beginning I weighed in at 275 pounds. A year later (with little effort, no exercise and no self control) I had lost only 20 pounds. It was then I got a little more serious. It took a lot of self control and self motivation but I did it. I really started losing weight. I eliminated most sugar and most fats out of my diet. I started an even decline of 2 pounds a week for the next year or so which brought me to this summer where I weighed 170 by mid July. When I stepped on the scales last week I was disgusted with myself because I had put on those 11 pounds earlier mentioned.

Okay, so now I am going to log my meals, my exercise, my accomplishments, and my set backs. We'll see how I do from here on out.

Good Luck to everyone.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • debtdummy
    Options
    welcome and good luck, im a newbie 2