I want to do this so bad...

Options
I'm so miserable. Before our daughter, I was steady at 130-135. At my heaviest during pregnancy I was 180. I delivered at 35weeks, so I probably would have gained a bit more still. I'd lost around 20 when I went in for my post-partum check-up. So I was at about 160. I'm now between 175-180 and miserable. My goal is to get back down to 130 if not between 120 and 130. Both my parents are overweight so I'm worried about me following the same pattern. I have horrible eating habits, and drink entirely too much soda. But I just can't seem to stop. I don't know what to do. My doctor said there's a prescription appetite decrease medicine but it's extremely expensive. I don't want to take anything that could cause harm to my body like Hydroxycut or something. I want to get healthy so I can play with my daughter and not get tired. The only motivation from friends is from one that lives 5 hours away. So it's not like I can exercise with her or something. My fiance works full time and is the mayor, so it's not like I can leave our daughter with him and go exercise. He's always busy. There's always people calling to discuss things, or coming to our house with complaints or problems. I wish I could find some sort of motivation. I think that's my problem is lackof motivation. I really want to be healthy and not feel self conscious all the time, but I just give in at the first bit of temptation. Sorry for the long post, I guess I just need to vent. I'm just so miserable.

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hang in there it will get better, everyone that I started this journey with has since jumped off the wagon and I have been by myself for a little over a year and just to show I just started AUG 17 2008 so I have been by myself for a while. I babysit my friend 8 week old little girl I put her in the stroller and go walking then I feel great when I am done. I am also the mother of 2 one 11 yr old boy and one 5 yr old girl. Mu husband is self employed, I just find things to do that I can do with a little one. I have a workout video today if its raining outside.

Hope this help, keep driving forwards its all worth it.