Help

Options
I have lost and gained weight all my adult life. I started a night job in may taking care of a quadriplegic baby. When the baby is healthy there is nothing to do for 12 hours, and I eat, drink soda, and watch movies. Working nights has screwed up my metabolism and eating habits. I am the heaviest I have EVER been. To make matters more interesting I just found out me and my husband are expecting our 5th baby. This was not planned, but I am happy. I NEED to eat better and start exercising again so I can have a healthy baby. If anyone has any tips for working nights and eating healthy or how to schedule meals please let me know. Thanks all.

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My mother dealt with a similar problem (working nights, etc.). Her meal schedule was: our dinner/ her breakfast with the family (6 or 7PM), lunch around midnight or 1AM, her dinner/ our breakfast with the family (7AM ish). She basically just adjusted a "normal" person's eating schedule by 12 hours. I don't know if that info will help you any, but that is how she dealt with it. As for snacks, try to keep fresh fruits and veggies around. Lite in calories, heavy in nutrients that baby needs!

Congrats! You can do it.
  • preggo5
    Options
    Thanks. I usually eat with my kiddos before going to work, but mornings are crazy when i get home!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: