How many calories are you eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• sleepyonigiri
    Options
    I'm new to myfitnesspal, but I'm hoping to be able to lose around 10kg eating 1,300 calories a day - hope it works!

Good luck with your weight loss!
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    2300 - 4000 depending on what workout im going through i have lost a couple of pounds but have lost inches around my waist and started to put on mass. my diary is open if you want to look for tips?

p.s are you not hungry on 1500 cals? :S id be starving
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories a day sometimes a little more or less.
  • rasp12
    rasp12 Posts: 17
    Options
    MFP set up 1460 calories as the goal. I try to get around 1250-1350 range limiting my total starch intake to 2.5 cups per day, 3 fruit, 4-5 vegetables, 3 dairy, 2 (2.5oz) cooked protein, 2 tbsp oil and walking 60 minutes every day with my dog. Heavy duty gardening twice a week helps with the weight loss as well.
  • khcastro
    khcastro Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everyone. When you're talking about the deficit, what do you mean? I just entered in my current weight and my lifestyle (which at the moment is sedentary as I am on maternity leave/summer break) usually I am on my feet or walking around most of the day. I thought the program totaled all that for you? How do I know if I am eating or that my calorie deficit has been calculated into my settings?

Thanks!

Kristi
  • khcastro
    Options
    How do I know if my settings include a deficit?
  • milk_shakes
    Options
    I joined the 13th and have wxercised 5 days a week since. Ive lost 9 ppunds so far but its mostly water weight i assume. To lose 2 a week set at lightly active I'm supposed to be at 1530. I changed that to 1450 until I start Zumba this week. I've been trying to warm up my body by doing a lot of intense but shorter pool workouts so I don't hurt my weak muscles lol. Right now I don't trust that I'm burning as many calories as MFP says I am for the exercise I do, and I do eat back about half my exercise most days but if I'm not hungry I do not. When I start Zumba I will reenter my info and follow mfp's guidelines, and would like to net about 1400/daily... Too high?
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. When you're talking about the deficit, what do you mean? I just entered in my current weight and my lifestyle (which at the moment is sedentary as I am on maternity leave/summer break) usually I am on my feet or walking around most of the day. I thought the program totaled all that for you? How do I know if I am eating or that my calorie deficit has been calculated into my settings?

Thanks!

Kristi

The deficit or "cut" is the difference between what your body burns normally to stay ar your normal weight and what you are eating to lose weight. For example, if your TDEE (Totaly Daily Energy Expentiture, which is your BMR (basal metabolic rate or calories burned to keep your insides functioning) multiplied by your acitivty level) is 1700 and you are eating at 1300 cals a day, your cut is 400. Go to your My Home> Goals section to see under your "YOUR DIET PROFILE" what your "Daily Calorie Defecit" is. There are 3500 cals in a lb, so divide your defecit by 3500 to see how many days it will take to lose one lb.

The MFP program will do it for you, but it is still good to know what your maintenance calories are just for your personal knowledge.
  • khcastro
    Options

Thanks!

Kristi

The deficit or "cut" is the difference between what your body burns normally to stay ar your normal weight and what you are eating to lose weight. For example, if your TDEE (Totaly Daily Energy Expentiture, which is your BMR (basal metabolic rate or calories burned to keep your insides functioning) multiplied by your acitivty level) is 1700 and you are eating at 1300 cals a day, your cut is 400. Go to your My Home> Goals section to see under your "YOUR DIET PROFILE" what your "Daily Calorie Defecit" is. There are 3500 cals in a lb, so divide your defecit by 3500 to see how many days it will take to lose one lb.

The MFP program will do it for you, but it is still good to know what your maintenance calories are just for your personal knowledge.

I'm going to try to figure that out now... Thanks!
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1200 calories per day. I am super short, so my caloric intake should be small anyway. 5 ft. I do pretty easy - moderate workouts 30 minutes a day.
  • Akious
    Akious Posts: 71
    Options
    I am set at 1250 a day. I generally hold around that. I might be able to go higher since I work out 6 days a week and on my "off" day I bike the bike trail around my house (27miles round trip).