different ways to exercise

Ive just started this program ... I am usually a walker ( when I can fit it in ) and the temp has been in the triple digits and I cant walk in that amount of heat...So Im looking for different ways to incorporate exercising in my lifestyle... I say different because I do not want to get board... I used the thigh master and bun master last night .. but not sure how many calories that burns nor how to record it... I need to come up with a work out that will work for me to help burn calories... I have thought about joining a gym but not sure how often I could get there... I m open to any ideas... I have a low back issue at times so Im limited on some exercises ( until I can strengthen my core)
My Dr. suggested yoga but the gym only has one day that I could attend a week with my work/life schedule...i was walking at work during my 2 breaks and lunch but then the HOT moved in.....open to suggestions...I would like to hear what yawl are doing .
I have thought about using the wii fit ...anyone have any success with that? please share any suggestions and ideas :smile:

Replies

• beraggled
    beraggled Posts: 17 Member
    Hi yoga is really good helps me with a pain i get down my left leg.If i don't do it for a few weeks it starts to play up again.Wii fit has it on there which is a good way to start.I now do them without it and incorporate pilates into it as well.You can also get other games for the wii that give you a good workout.Another good one is your shape.Does a programme for you.You can also alter how long you want to workout for.So if short on time you can do 15mins and still get a good burn of calories.Depending on your size of course.I'm about 220lbs and can burn up to at least 300 calories in 15mins.Hope this helps.Or being so hot have you got access to a pool?
  • jodyd61
    jodyd61 Posts: 10
    Thank you so much , yes that helped a lot...I think I will try the wii fit yoga I can do it indoors and in any kind of weather ! yah!!
    My sister has a pool but its not real close by...but maybe I can incorporate that at times as well...:flowerforyou:
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Try looking through some of the at home work outs on www.bodyrock.tv
    They usually put up a different work out per day all lasting about 10-20 minutes, the show alternative moves for beginners too - huge calories burners!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    do you have stairs in your home? if so you can incorporate those : run up and down them. do push ups off them, so static lunges off them. do plyo jump onto them
  • jodyd61
    jodyd61 Posts: 10
    thank you all for the responces... I do have stairs so I will add that as well... thank you :)