any1 trying to loose more than the recommended 2lb per week?

Options
hi, sofar ive lost 4lbs in a week. i no its recommended we eat no less than 1200cals, but i eat 1000cals so i can loose more per week. the thing is loosing only 2 lbs per week doesnt really motivate me- but loosing 3-4 per week really does.

Replies

• JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...
  • raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    why 'oh boy'?
  • Balance05
    Balance05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If you eat less that 1200 cals per day, you're probably going to put your body in starvation mode and not even lose the 2 lbs much less more.

So far in June my biggest loss for a week is 5-6 lbs (in a week). This is me eating 1200-1400 cals a day and exercising intensely. I think thats the way to go if you want to lose a lot each week. Take it day by day, eat enough, and workout as hard (then push harder) as your body will allow.

P.S. I like losing more than 2 lbs a week. I'm also driven when I see a big loss on the scale.
  • Loverenewed12
    Options
    If that is what works for you, Do it! Forget about everyone else's opinion it is your body! BTW I am very happy for you!
  • dixieangeln
    dixieangeln Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was eating around 700 calories, i raised it to around 800 max calories--but I have been around 900 the past couple of days though but I have lost 16 pounds in a few weeks...I know it wont last forever but as long as I feel fine and can keep dropping the weight i will.. then I will change/modify my plan as needed ;)
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    I would like to lose more than two pounds per week, but i dont really know how to find the balance between calories aand exercise. ya know? Like i dont want to throw my body into starvation mode or just have a temp weight loss
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    What you are referring to is probably ketosis not starvation. As long as you have fat to burn you won't starve. It's very difficult to obtain adequeate nutrition with less than 1000 cal.