Increased areobics caused weight gain?

Options
I've had some weeks where I lost well and others where I'm maintained or even gained some. Looking back at my reports I saw that the calories had pretty much stayed the same. The weeks I'd lost well I had exercised more. I figured that must be the ticket. I did 45 minutes of Zumba Rush 4 days out of 7. I was really looking forward to Saturdays weigh in since I had done so well! Sadly I gained almost 2 pounds. I had planned on adding some resistance stuff this week and maybe other stuff too. Now I don't know what to do. What is going on?

Replies

• 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate an extra 7,000 calories your 2 pounds of weight gain would be from fluids. This is normal. Drink more water and keep up the good work! The chart line of weight loss is never a smooth one.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I lose one week I generally do not lose anything the next week but will then lose the following week. Using MFP helped me realize this so now that I know how my body works I don't get as frustrated and give up.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate an extra 7,000 calories your 2 pounds of weight gain would be from fluids. This is normal. Drink more water and keep up the good work! The chart line of weight loss is never a smooth one.

^^^
    Exactly! Happens all the time to me when I run... Run for a couple of hours, hydrate during and rehydrate after... Add a couple of pounds on the scale.

Two days later, lose a couple plus a little more eating the same diet!

Take an average of your weigh in (I do a 10 day average) to smooth out that line and see your true weight trend.

Good luck!
  • kiminor
    kiminor Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I didn't eat an extra 7,000 calories. I stayed between 1200-1600 a day. I sip on water all day long so to increase I would have to chug it lol. Thank you! I am keeping it up. I did 45 minutes again today.