last 10 lbs to go W.W. ??

figurfanatik
figurfanatik Posts: 1 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone !!
this is the first time I have ever posted but i have used this website for awhile now !! I have gotten within 10lbs of my goal weight and am now kind of stuck..I have been for about 2 months now and am thinking of joining weight watchers to maybe get some new ideas or accountability to lose the remaining ten. I am afraid counting points fat and fiber will be more complicated than just counting cals. and I may get frustrated ...The main reason I have not been able to lose the last 10 is b/c of emotional eating which occurs sometimes 2-3 times a week for me that I cant seem to control and I do not know that W.W. would help me solve that problem ( I am an exercise junkie so its my nutrition that is putting a halt to my progress).. Any thoughts on if I should spend the money to try it out ????

Replies

• I have done WW before and I was successful, but it was the very first time I had ever tried to lose weight, and so I was very religious about sticking to it. I think that WW is like any other diet in that, if you can stick to it, you will be successful.

It sounds like your problem is maybe that 2-3 days a week of emotional eating. I'm not sure if WW would help with that because you only have meetings once a week and the rest of the time it's up to you to be disciplined. The ways I have overcome my emotional eating are to find something else to do with my hands (crafts, blogging, whatever), go to sleep (my urges come at night anyway), or even (I know you will all hate me for this) smoke a cigarette. If I can just hold out for 10 minutes or so when that urge to eat comes on, it will pass and I'll be okay again.

Sorry if this did not help you.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    My father-in-law has had some good success with WW. I don't know if it's right for you, but I know people who have made it work. Something to think about, they currently have a free on-line trial (you don't get the in person meetings, but you get all the info about points, how many you should have, etc.) for 7 days. You might consider looking at that before you make any decisions.

Whichever you choose, you can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Sometimes we just need something new to motivate us and jump start our bodies.
    WW is very easy, I lost 50lbs and work for them for year.
    Whatever you choose you'll need to committ yourself to. Best of Luck!
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    I didn't do ww, but I had a community that I met with once a week, and that really helped because I was constantly reminded of strategies and I was held accountable. I've gained 5 lbs since then and haven't been able to get them off.
  • I lost 20m lbs 4 years ago with WW And I slowly put them back on..Loved it.So I joined online (live overseas) and after 3 weeks I found this happy place I enjoy it more than WW Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.