Has anyone seen my feet?

Options
naceto
naceto Posts: 517 Member
Hiya! I signed up for this site awhile back (when I was motivated) but didn't follow through real well that time. So I am back. I decided this time I am going to actually put info in my profile, and maybe even respond to the posts of other people. (I usually type a lot, but never hit the "post" button)

My name is Nicole and I am a widowed 39 year old with a teen aged son. My son has, in the last year or so, become very interested in sports, and how it can support his going to college. While he is planning and setting goals, he is asking about my experiences. I have all sorts of practical advice with regards to goal setting, the need for a college education, and maintaining proper nutrition in order to excel in sports. I have read a lot of books, researched the internet and library, and I know a ton of really smart people. What it comes down to is that I have all of this information for him, but I have never followed through with any of the things he is needing advice about. Though I have a good job, I barely made it out of high school. I know a lot about nutrition, but I never do what I should in order to live a healthy life.

My first step was going back to school... I started Spring of this year, and am registered for more classes in the Fall. Next, is my health. My goals with regards to my health are very straight forward; I want to go hiking with my son without running out of breath or feeling like crap the next day. I want to go on long walks without pain. I am 39 years old and have bursitis, asthma, and have to get steroid shots in my lower back in order to live without pain medication.

I am strong, smart, funny, honest, and loving. I can be healthy too.

Replies

• lorin1987
    lorin1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello nicole, my name is nicole to lol :) best of luck
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hello Nicole! Great name and thank you! :) You too!